Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would ban those stupid mobile phone adverts that repeat and repeat and repeat the stupid Crazy Frog. But I would personally screen all adverts and only keep the funny ones. Like the Phones4u ads (yeah! yeah! yeah!) and that one with the woman showing her son up in the supermarket by throwing a paddy.

I would also change the immigration policy to something along the lines of Australia or New Zealand.

I would be tougher on race discrimination and people who incite racial hatred, whatever their ethnicity.

Health of our younger generation would also be paramount, as we are always hearing of how fat they are and it annoys me. stupid but it does, unhealthiness can be corrected and I would also use more renewable energy resources and encourae more recycling to protect the environment.

I would put more money into youth organisations to keep little chavs of the street and give them something to aim for in life.

Infact I would like to erradicate chavs... I wouldn't deport them, just try and persuade their mind set into something more civilaised lol! haha

what else?... hmmm

this one is controversial, but national service. But like the germans do it, it doesn't have to be military, it can be in the public sector too, like in hospitals being a porter etc.

More bobbies on the beat.

and the tory policy on health was a good one, you can chose to go on an NHS waiting list for free, or cut waiting times and pay half for private health care... may aswell if you pay your taxes.

more funding for our forces too.

ReputationRep:
    There is no logical reason for the events in Paris to take place in London (for comparison sake) too?

We are, by and large, a well integrated society. Take me, I am Asian, and yet spend the last 3 years living with a French guy, an Irish guy and a Welsh guy. No issues ever came up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legbreakgoogly)
    There is no logical reason for the events in Paris to take place in London (for comparison sake) too?

We are, by and large, a well integrated society. Take me, I am Asian, and yet spend the last 3 years living with a French guy, an Irish guy and a Welsh guy. No issues ever came up.
    Ever been to Bradford or Birmingham?

There's already been some similar things to the Paris riots happening in Germany and Holland.

ReputationRep:

Aw wow, I would have loved to have lived in your house!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl_in_keele)
    Aw wow, I would have loved to have lived in your house!
    Aye, we would have loved to have had you...*no pun*.

There is a small element of troublesome ppl in all societies, but they are not reflective of the vast overwhelming majority of minoties who are peaceful and law abiding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristogeiton)
    Ever been to Bradford or Birmingham?

There's already been some similar things to the Paris riots happening in Germany and Holland.
    I have been to Birmingham, yes. Infact I lived there for 7 years. why, what's wrong with it apart from a few isolated incidents in Lovells?

ReputationRep:
    Sparkbrook?

I've been to Birmingham too; I've twice had abuse shouted at me so tend to avoid the place like the plague now.

ReputationRep:
    No one gets more verbal then minorities. And most of us couldnt care either way now...so why you are "avoiding it the like plague" is beyond me!

ReputationRep:
    Sparkbrook?

I've been to Birmingham too; I've twice had abuse shouted at me so tend to avoid the place like the plague now.
    I lived in Hallgreen pretty much on the border between Sparkhill and Sparkbrook.

Never had abuse. always in Sparkhill. miss the surry houses most, Rusholme doesn't even begin to compare now I'm back up north.

ReputationRep:
    ^ you probably don't look like me I'm guessing. I don't know why they pick me. :rolleyes:

No one gets more verbal then minorities. And most of us couldnt care either way now...so why you are "avoiding it the like plague" is beyond me!
    because I don't want to get stabbed. How about that?

ReputationRep:
    Sensationalism is overdone!

Stabbed? Crazy!

That stuff is less likely to happen then England winning the soccer world cup!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it. I've had someone try to mug me once, I've been spat at, threatened with a knife twice, had verbal abuse thrown...plus, I read a decent paper so I actually find out what's going on in this country (rather than the PC rubbish that the BBC would have you believe).

I don't doubt what they can do.

ReputationRep:
    Sensationalism is overdone!

Stabbed? Crazy!

That stuff is less likely to happen then England winning the soccer world cup!
    that's as may be, but one thing's for sure... its at least 100 times more likely to happen than pakistan winning anything! oh and we don't have 'soccer' in England.

ReputationRep:
    I think its a case of if you think people are out to get you, it tends to happen.

I admit I read the Gaurdian, NYT and so on, all quality papers, but hardly "favourable" to the Fascist right. :/

So, if PM, would you enact forced repatriation?

ReputationRep:
    and legbreakgoogly, searching through your previous posts and with all your talk of shooting white people, abusing bnp members when you "join the police", if you are to be taken as a 'regular' pakistani, then there is indeed a very large chance of the aforementioned occuring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMegit)
    that's as may be, but one thing's for sure... its at least 100 times more likely to happen than pakistan winning anything! oh and we don't have 'soccer' in England.
    pakistan A trashed england just acouple of days ago in the cricket warm up.

and the england team has black and white people on it so how the bnp can support them, i dont know.
    --------------
    and legbreakgoogly, searching through your previous posts and with all your talk of shooting white people, abusing bnp members when you "join the police", if you are to be taken as a 'regular' pakistani, then there is indeed a very large chance of the aforementioned occuring.
    you make it sound like something from mcdonalds.

ReputationRep:
    You must have this aggression confused with someone else. I have, with the odd spat against the fascist right aside, been very cordial here.

Me and racism is a bad joke. Its the one thing I certainly am not.

For the record, Pakistan have won some Olympic Hockey Golds.

ReputationRep:
    Knowledge of Greek and Latin helps a great deal with the English language - I don't want illiterate people in my country (like we have now). Plus, some of the greatest literature ever written is in those languages.
    I've heard this argument but thought at least Latin is more useful than Greek on the basis that English uses the same alphabet as Latin. So long as you abolish learning French, Spanish and German then that would be better in a way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I've heard this argument but thought at least Latin is more useful than Greek on the basis that English uses the same alphabet as Latin. So long as you abolish learning French, Spanish and German then that would be better in a way.
    what?!

The alphabet doesn't really come into it. English is made up of 50% Latin and 15% Greek (I think those figures are correct...?) which is why Latin is possibly more useful. But the alphabet is no barrier because the letters easily convert to the Latin alphabet and give us the same words.

φοβος (phobos) = fear

We get the English '-phobia' from this.

'υπερ (huper) = over

English 'Hyper-' (as in hyperbole, for example)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanusha-tomsk)
    :eek: No offence but I hope you will never get to be Prime Minister!
    I don't see why I should forcibly pay tax for someone else's education.

The school system doesn't even work!! It certainly cannot educate people properly.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.