The Student Room Group

How many distinction and merit grades do I need to achieve an overall DMM or DDM?

I am studying a 2 year BTEC National Diploma course in Travel and Tourism at Level 3 and want to go to university after. I am aiming to get an overall either DMM or DDM, because no way am I going to achieve an overall DDD. :unsure:

Currently I've done 8 units this year (yes this is my first year) and so far I have achieved 1 pass on 1 unit and mostly got 3 merits for 3 units and achieved 3 distinctions for 3 units. :rolleyes:

So what do you think? Which grade should I aim for overall? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What number of Guided Learning Hour did each unit consist of?
usa1981
What number of Guided Learning Hour did each unit consist of?

360 I think somewhere around there. Why? :confused:
Reply 3
How points do you have in the units you have? 360 is the UCAS points for three A-levels. Which units have you taken? The number of GLH is how you figure out how many points you can receive in each unit. Since you know your scores in 7 of 8 that you have taken so far the number points you have 6+(3*12)+(3*18)= 96 of a possible 126 points. I think you haven't 12 of the units yet the points you have would be one D, although, you might have a MP at certificate.
Why are you so sure aren't to get a DDD?
usa1981
How points do you have in the units you have? 360 is the UCAS points for three A-levels. Which units have you taken? The number of GLH is how you figure out how many points you can receive in each unit. Since you know your scores in 7 of 8 that you have taken so far the number points you have 6+(3*12)+(3*18)= 96 of a possible 126 points. I think you haven't 12 of the units yet the points you have would be one D, although, you might have a MP at certificate.
Why are you so sure aren't to get a DDD?

Hi well so far I've done 7 units and this is only my first year. In the second year I have 11 units to complete although I've been told I will be completing 2 more units this year which makes 9 units this year. So far I've only achieved 3 distinctions, 3 merits and 1 pass...
There are 18 units altogether that I have to complete within the 2 years course....

Does this help?
Reply 5
If you got 5 more merits and 3 more distinctions so (5*12)+(3*18)+96 which is 60+54+96= 300 which enough for DDD and you 6 more merits and 2 more distinctions (6*12)+(2*18)+96 which is 72+36+96=204 which just enough for a DMM.
I have a grades calculator which my college gave me for a level 3 btec ND course.

You type in your grades and predicted grades, and it will tell you what you will get at the end.

I would be happy to email it to you =D
Clioashlee
I have a grades calculator which my college gave me for a level 3 btec ND course.

You type in your grades and predicted grades, and it will tell you what you will get at the end.

Oh YES please! :biggrin:
Reply 8
OP what are your predicted grades?
usa1981
OP what are your predicted grades?

Sorry are you asking me?

Well if you are so far I've only got 3 distinctions (I'm studying 8 units this year because I'm on the first year). Then the rest of the units I'm planning to go for merits and 2 passes. :smile:

If I don't get the grades I need, (at least either DMM or DDM) and if I get MMM instead, would Staffordshire, Birmingham City and Nottingham Trent University accept me, I'm hoping to study Business Management when I leave college. ???
Reply 10
Tbh DDD isn't hard to achieve.
Reply 11
All you have to do to get DDD is earn 7 more Distinctions and no more Merits, and 3 more passes with 252 BTEC points 360 UCAS Points. If you could earn Distinctions on the rest of your units you would earn 288 BTEC points.
Here are some Universities that would take you with DDM Staffordshire (you could get in DMM) and Nottingham Trent University(MMM for Business Management and Accounting & Finance or Business Management (In-Company)).
Reply 12
All you have to do to get DDD is earn 7 more Distinctions and no more Merits, and 3 more passes with 252 BTEC points 360 UCAS Points. If you could earn Distinctions on the rest of your units you would earn 288 BTEC points.

Here are some Universities that would take you with DDM or less Staffordshire (you could get in DMM), Nottingham Trent University(MMM for Business Management and Accounting & Finance or DDM Business Management (In-Company)), University of Plymouth (DMM-DDM Business Management), Roehampton University (MMM Business Management and Sports Science), The University of Salford (DMM Business and Management Studies), Southampton Solent University (PPP Business Management), University of Surrey (DDM Business Management (3 or 4 years)), University of Westminster (DMM Business Management), University of Wolverhampton (MMM Business Management), University of Winchester (MMM Business Management), University of Worcester (MMM Business Management), The University of York (DDM Management), and York St John University (MMP and up Business Management).
usa1981

Here are some Universities that would take you with DDM or less Staffordshire (you could get in DMM), Nottingham Trent University(MMM for Business Management and Accounting & Finance or DDM Business Management (In-Company)), University of Plymouth (DMM-DDM Business Management), Roehampton University (MMM Business Management and Sports Science), The University of Salford (DMM Business and Management Studies), Southampton Solent University (PPP Business Management), University of Surrey (DDM Business Management (3 or 4 years)), University of Westminster (DMM Business Management), University of Wolverhampton (MMM Business Management), University of Winchester (MMM Business Management), University of Worcester (MMM Business Management), The University of York (DDM Management), and York St John University (MMP and up Business Management).

What about Birmingham City?

I just rang Nottingham Trent University about the BA (Hons) Business Management (In-Company) degree course and they said they would accept equivalences. If I get a DMM in this course I'm doing now though, would I get a firm rejection from them? :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Birmingham City University has these two courses (DMM Business and Management and DDM Fashion Retail Management)
Reply 15
[QUOTE="Boreism;24048924"]Oh YES please! :biggrin:[/QUOTE)

Could you email that to me too:smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Clioashlee

Original post by Clioashlee

Hi

could u please email it to my address it is: [Mod edit: Email removed. Please use PM's instead]
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
does anyone know how many merits and distinctions you need for an overall DDM in BTEC Animal Management level 3?

So far i'm on an overall merit and have done 7 units.
Original post by ziggy12

Original post by ziggy12
does anyone know how many merits and distinctions you need for an overall DDM in BTEC Animal Management level 3?

Original post by ziggy12

Firstly how many units have you done and have you got your grades for the units already? :confused:
Reply 19
This is your first year and you have uni offers?
Sorry it doesn't make sense to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending