The Student Room Group

Special Support Grant question

Hi there,

I've just filled in my loan application for 2010 (new applicant) and I know that they use the one form to assess for loan & grants, however according to the direct.gov website I should be eligible for the Special Support Grant, but it doesn't mention it on the form so how do I let them know that that is what I want to be assesed for?

I currently get Incapacity Benefit (high rate/long term) but i've never been eligible for DLA and as such i've not ticked the box for the disabled students allowance (I don't class myself as disabled anyway) but how will they know I want to claim the SSG if there was no tick box? Is it done via my national insurance number and the benefits office?

I'm also an independent, single student (if that makes any difference)

So confused! :eek3: Hope somebody can help...
see the criteria here.
If you still think you qualify download the form via the link and print off.
http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=53,1862010&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL
Reply 2
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Honestly...that direct.gov website is useless....very user unfriendly, it keeps telling me that I'm going to be under 25 and living with my parents come september....i'm 25 now and not had anything to do with my mum since I was 18, was getting mega stressed out :biggrin:
Reply 3
It's your responsinbility to tell them and send the evidence in for the SSG.

Latest

Trending

Trending