Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How much clothing will i need to bring with me when i go to university?
    Did ppl here leave some behind, buy new stuff when they got there or just bring it all with them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clark)
    Did ppl here leave some behind, buy new stuff when they got there or just bring it all with them?

no offence , but did u join jus to ask this question??

ReputationRep:
    no i joined to gain experience and hopefully one day become a moderator.

ReputationRep:
    I took lots, but left lots here too. That way you can leave stuff there and not have to bring it all home every holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clark)
    *snorts* good luck newbie :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    could you be more specific please? how much is "lots"? could i carry them all in aa plastic carrier bag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    currie is just jealous

ReputationRep:
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clark)
    Um, there are about 3000 people before you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    currie is just jealous
    yea right....im an overlord. jealous of an over ambitous newbie *wtf*

ReputationRep:
    could sum1 just answer my question? happysunshine, btw, do u have a boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    currie is just jealous
    im in the top 30 members..... hahah jealous!

*cheers, curry*

ReputationRep:
    yea right....im an overlord. jealous of an over ambitous newbie *wtf*
    you are jealous of his ambition and drive and swimming ability

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clark)
    could you be more specific please? how much is "lots"? could i carry them all in aa plastic carrier bag?
    Well, I took suitcases because I had to fly, took 2 suitcases left one there full of clothes, brought the other one back with clothes and books in it, had like, 3 pairs of jeans, and loads of tops back here, have a few pairs of jeans and trousers left there, and most of my warm jumpers, coats, dressing up stuff (school girl stuff), clubbing stuff, that sort of things all there.

Take as much as you think you'll need. Depends how many clothes you have I suppose. Half there and half here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    you are jealous of his ambition and drive and swimming ability
    swimming ability....bet the poor guy was never even on a swim team. im going to make the junior nationals cut someday! and then ill make the olympics, and when they interview me.....im gunna flip off the world and say this is to all the people who didnt believe i could do it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picju96)
    Well, I took suitcases because I had to fly, took 2 suitcases left one there full of clothes, brought the other one back with clothes and books in it, had like, 3 pairs of jeans, and loads of tops back here, have a few pairs of jeans and trousers left there, and most of my warm jumpers, coats, dressing up stuff (school girl stuff), clubbing stuff, that sort of things all there.

Take as much as you think you'll need. Depends how many clothes you have I suppose. Half there and half here.
    thanks. Are you seeing anyone at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    swimming ability....bet the poor guy was never even on a swim team. im going to make the junior nationals cut someday! and then ill make the olympics, and when they interview me.....im gunna flip off the world and say this is to all the people who didnt believe i could do it...
    ill be included in that, if you sepnd much longer on this forum. Junior, havnt you only got a coupla yrs left then. I was on a school swim team, but water polo is far better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clark)
    I took pretty much all my clothes which is not a lot - it seemed to all go in around 6-8 tesco carrier bags. This meant I also had to take some back for the holidays, but that wasn't a big deal as my parents gave me a ride.

When you go and visit the unis you are interested in see how much cuboard space you get and decide what you might be able to take. I have loads of specae but it might be fdifferent at different unis.

Any more qs just ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clark)
    over ambitous, single, and desperate......no girl repsond! he oculd be potentailly dangerous!

just messing with you clark, but this isnt a date service...

*cheers, curry*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clark)
    Yup.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.