Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* for English Language in mocks but am worried I will not achieve this and will get a B. Can you appeal on the grounds that it was a bad day and not a true reflection of your ability?

ReputationRep:
    Possibly, but its not worth the bother. A B is a great grade and one not to be dimissed. If you got an A* in the mocks - logically you should do just as well in the real exams. Theres no use putting undue pressure on yourself. So what if you dont get an A*! You will still be able to do alevels, and still get to uni

ReputationRep:
    Your teacher can ask for a copy of your paper so (s)he can see if it's been marked fairly/the marks have been added up right and if they feel it hasn't, they can ask for a remark, but if it's worth remembering that your grade can go down as well as up! As mentioned above, it's a fair bit of hassle and not really worth it unless you felt you deserved an A* and were surprised to get a B, which obviously isn't the case if you're asking this now. Also as mentioned above, a B is a perfectly good grade and you can still succeed at A-levels and get into uni with Bs.

I am predicted A* in science and i am also scared i may get a B, i would be fine with an A. But if i get a B it may look bad because i would have drop down two grades.

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted A for both English and English Literature, I got a B for both of them in my mocks, but i am not confident that i have fulfileld my predicted grades. I only got a B in my English coursework (40% of total mark), but an A in my English Lit coursework(30%). I don't think the B in the English coursework has done me any favours.

ReputationRep:
    What's done is done, if you don't get A*s in subjects it's not the end of the world. As said, you can have a remark, but GCSE is less subjective than A Level so the marks are less likely to move dramatically. If the worst comes to the worst, you can always resit it. Also, there really isn't anything wrong with a B. I think that we all know that the principles behind our education system aren't ideal - we all have good and bad days and our marks reflect this. Seriously, don't worry, just enjoy the summer!

ReputationRep:
    cant get any worse then my mocks. i got all c's and 2 d's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rico dan man)
    cant get any worse then my mocks. i got all c's and 2 d's
    chill ma g unit man we gonna go down 2 da hood innit we get some g's n som pimps yea man safe G.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan213)
    I got an A* for English Language in mocks but am worried I will not achieve this and will get a B. Can you appeal on the grounds that it was a bad day and not a true reflection of your ability?
    I don't think you would have a good case. Anyone could of purchased the past paper from the exam board.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good point, if you appeal you have to have a very good reason, not that you just want a higher mark. And it would be silly to say that you thought you could do better, because I think all GCSE students feel like that at some point between exams and results day. You dont know your results yet, so theres no point worrying about the what ifs, you just have to get on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel I'm going to get grades as good as I got in my mock. However, I've sorta given up worrying now. Sure, I definitely be disapointed but as long as I get the grades I need to do my chosen A Levels and go to uni then it's not TOO bad - maybe you should take up the same view. Don't worry, MissSurfer xx

ReputationRep:
    I never bothered with mocks, whats the point? it gets your hopes up for grades that are worthless (yeah, don't give me all that ''But if you're ill for your real GCSE they could help''....ehhh)

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.