Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey, just to say I hope everyone did well in their IGCSEs (and GCSEs, but you guys dont know yet!).

I'm really pleased ! I was convinced I had failed everything! I didn't study AT ALL so my parents were even telling me it didnt matter what I got!

french - A*
    spanish - A*
    geography - A
    english literature - A
    history - B
    biology - B
    english language - B

Maths I did in november (c) but we wont mention that. And our Theatre grades come in two weeks.

I just hope everybody is pleased with their results and did well. All the best to all of you and all the people waiting for their GCSE results.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! You've done really well! I don't know anything about IGCSE's, other than the I stands for international (I think!!) Are they the same level as GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Bex~)
    Congrats! You've done really well! I don't know anything about IGCSE's, other than the I stands for international (I think!!) Are they the same level as GCSE?
    i think they are a bit harder, especially maths,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazziecs)
    hey, just to say I hope everyone did well in their IGCSEs (and GCSEs, but you guys dont know yet!).

I'm really pleased ! I was convinced I had failed everything! I didn't study AT ALL so my parents were even telling me it didnt matter what I got!

french - A*
    spanish - A*
    geography - A
    english literature - A
    history - B
    biology - B
    english language - B

Maths I did in november (c) but we wont mention that. And our Theatre grades come in two weeks.

I just hope everybody is pleased with their results and did well. All the best to all of you and all the people waiting for their GCSE results.
    Well Done - You achieved excellent grades !

ReputationRep:
    good grades. am jealous now.

ReputationRep:
    yeh IGCSE's are meant to be harder coz their based on O-levels right? anyway WELL DONE!!!! wicked results!!!

I want my gcse's now!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!!!!!! Well Done, esp cos they are harder and all! God, are GCSE's now 16 days away or 15...???

ReputationRep:
    16 days apparently

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your results, tazziecs.

ReputationRep:
    Well done, you've done brilliantly

ReputationRep:
    15 DAYS and 23 HOURS left

http://www.e500.org/countdown.htm

:tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Well done, tazziecs Hope everyone else getting IGCSE results today got what they were hoping for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WantA*)
    15 DAYS and 23 HOURS left

http://www.e500.org/countdown.htm

:tsr:
    8 days, 20 hours, 23 minutes for us A-level students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    8 days, 20 hours, 23 minutes for us A-level students
    coooooooool

ReputationRep:
    thanks. I was worried before because most people on this site have their predicted grades written below their messages and they are mostly A*s and As, so to have you guys think they are good results is really encouraging! Now I just have to decide what to do for A level based on these results (my theatre will probably be an A). I am maybe thinking of doing 4 A levels but is that a really crazy thing to do? Will I be swimming in work and completely stressed out? Any advice would be apreciated!

ReputationRep:
    sorry, another question! Are these results what universities look at? When do you apply for Uni and what do they look at?

ReputationRep:
    Depending on what universities you are looking at... some courses/uni (LSE Economics) reject people that havent got all A*/As at GCSE!!! and the minimum requirements for Oxford are 5As although Cambridge just requires everything at least grade C...
    look at me, got C in double Science and I have an offer from Imperial!!! (after 6 rejections for Economics I have to say )
    Your grade C in Maths my be a great disadvantage! Depending on what you want to study and where, you might need a B or an A!
    btw where are you from?
    I want to know my Business Alevel grade!!! (did it with CIE) but my school seems to be stupid or something!!! I just sent them an email (after calling them) If I get no reply I'm phoning again!

ReputationRep:
    I'm Scottish! (best country in the world) I live in Geneva at the moment but am leaving to go to boarding school (gordonstoun) in scotland. I hate maths and dont want to go into economics or any 'mathy' subjects. So if I got an A in theatre I could get into Oxford..wow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazziecs)
    thanks. I was worried before because most people on this site have their predicted grades written below their messages and they are mostly A*s and As, so to have you guys think they are good results is really encouraging! Now I just have to decide what to do for A level based on these results (my theatre will probably be an A). I am maybe thinking of doing 4 A levels but is that a really crazy thing to do? Will I be swimming in work and completely stressed out? Any advice would be apreciated!
    You have to remember though that most of us on here did the standard British GCSEs, so if the general consensus is that IGCSEs are harder, 2 A*s, 3 As (assuming you get one in theatre ), 3 Bs and a C are excellent results. As for A-levels, most people do 4 subjects in the first year (AS) and then drop down to 3 in the second year (A2), so take 4 subjects to start with and then decide at the end of the first year whether you want to drop one. Choose subjects you enjoy and are good at. If you have a particular degree in mind, find out if you need any specific A-levels. In answer to your other question, you apply to university at the start of your second year of A-levels, so the universities will look at your IGCSE grades, predicted A-level grades and AS grades if you've certified them.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.