The Student Room Group

Getting a job at McDonalds - How long does it take???

Hi, I need a part time job ASAP as i'm struggling on money. I've heard that getting a job at McDonlds is easy and quick. How long does it take to get a job at Mcdonalds after you apply? Also do you apply online or in store?
I think about a week or two. You apply online, and then go for an interview. Then when you get the job, you go an initial day thingy. Then you start working. I'm not sure if its the same where you will be, but in the first few weeks, I was only given "easy shifts" (like 11-4)
Reply 2
When TSRians don't have the answer - ask other random people - answers already here (after interview)
and here (about a call-back after making an online application).
Reply 3
ok thanks. Also whats the pay like?
Reply 4
zkm1223
ok thanks. Also whats the pay like?

If you are 16-18 - £4.25
If you are 18-22 - £4.60
Over 22 - £5.25

taken from here
Original post by linkdapink
I think about a week or two. You apply online, and then go for an interview. Then when you get the job, you go an initial day thingy. Then you start working. I'm not sure if its the same where you will be, but in the first few weeks, I was only given "easy shifts" (like 11-4)

Mine is 4 weeks and i didn't receive any call from them
it has been 4 weeks and 3 days since i applied online
I applied 5 weeks ago and still not heard from my local McDonald's where I've applied :// I've rang up many times and they say 'we will contact you soon'

Just kinda accepted that I won't hear back tbh ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
When I applied, I heard back within a couple of weeks (tops). Sometimes it depends on how desperate that certain McDonald's is for employees - often they will leave job applications up all year so they always have people ready when someone leaves.

As for the pay, it varies depending on which McDonald's you're working at. For a Crew Member at 16 years old, I was paid £4.35 but it got raised to £4.60 an hour. If you're looking for a different position, for example I moved on to train as a Customer Care Assistant and I would've been paid the standard rate of around £7.

Working at McDonald's is good - it's above minimum wage and you can specify when you can work. If minimum wage increases, so does your pay at McDonald's.

Don't be disheartened if you haven't heard back from them - usually they respond to people even if they have turned them down. You should get a response if you wait. They go through the applications at their own convenience.

A handy tip - apply at multiple McDonald's locations if you can, and don't forget about other fast food places such as KFC.

Anyway, good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending