This discussion is closed.
nimzy
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Yep, a new low for me as well.
ALL BEST WORKERS R INDIAN YOU KNOW........
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I love it at uni, while my other mates are either stuck in a boring office or risking their lives climbing up ladders for £5 an hour I am in lectures learning something new all the time.

I never really get bored at uni, I have 3 exams though in Janaury which I can't fail.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I love it at uni, while my other mates are either stuck in a boring office or risking their lives climbing up ladders for £5 an hour I am in lectures learning something new all the time.

I never really get bored at uni, I have 3 exams though in Janaury which I can't fail.
What is a fail mark in uni?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You need 40% to pass, anything below is a fail. 40% is a 3rd. 60% is a 2:1, 70% 1:2 and 80% 1:1 (roughly).

If you have to take resits you are only allowed the first 40% so the maximum you can get in that exam is a 3rd class. Thats why if you fail it the first time you have pretty much messed it up.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You need 40% to pass, anything below is a fail. 40% is a 3rd. 60% is a 2:1, 70% 1:2 and 80% 1:1 (roughly).

If you have to take resits you are only allowed the first 40% so the maximum you can get in that exam is a 3rd class. Thats why if you fail it the first time you have pretty much messed it up.
And if you fail one exam, then does that mean that mean you are kicked out of UNI?
littleone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
£5 pound an hour? under 18's get that as a starter in places like debenhams................ if you like that sort of place though........ can get tedious
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
And if you fail one exam, then does that mean that mean you are kicked out of UNI?
No of course not, (well at least at my uni) it does mean you have dented your chance of doing well though. If I failed a few exams I would probably quit anyway. It can't be much fun doing a course you're not much good at.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No of course not, (well at least at my uni) it does mean you have dented your chance of doing well though. If I failed a few exams I would probably quit anyway. It can't be much fun doing a course you're not much good at.
And do many people get that kinda marks? (40%)
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
And do many people get that kinda marks? (40%)
That would depend on the uni/course but on mine its around 55% average marks. I know many people that often get around 40% and below though, they don't get kicked out because the university wants the money.

They stay until the 3rd year when they drop out or just don't do any work for their final project (dissertation).

My worst exam mark was 48% but that was my stupid fualt because I forgot to answer a question, my highest was 78%.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That would depend on the uni/course but on mine its around 55% average marks. I know many people that often get around 40% and below though, they don't get kicked out because the university wants the money.

They stay until the 3rd year when they drop out or just don't do any work for their final project (dissertation).

My worst exam mark was 48% but that was my stupid fualt because I forgot to answer a question, my highest was 78%.
Thats pretty good. Do you consider your UNi to be above average?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep, I am not sure exactly where I stand until I get the grades for this semester but I am certainly above average in terms of attitude. At least I actually want to be there and respect the education given to me. I am slughtly more mature though at 21 so maybe that makes a difference.
00leam2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hello
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.95%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.45%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.23%

Watched Threads