Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Grades: Maths A, Chem A, Biol A, Geography a

Did you meet your predictions? I beat them!

Are you happy with your grades? Very

Have you met your university offer? Yes, offer was an A in Chem and 2Bs in Maths and Biol

If so, where are you going and what course? Imperial College, Biochemistry

Any other comments: PM me if you're going to Imperial, particularly if doing Biochem!

ReputationRep:
    Grades: Geography A, Psychology B, Chemistry C

Did you meet your predictions? No predicted Geog: A, Psych: B, and Chem A/B

Are you happy with your grades? No

Have you met your university offer? Yes, offer was BBB

If so, where are you going and what course? Geography BA at the University of Birmingham
    Any other comments: get in contact with me via messenger if your going to Birmingham uni (points to siggy)!

ReputationRep:
    Grades: AAAA and B in General Studies, and A at AS Physics

Did you meet your predictions? Yes

Are you happy with your grades? Extremely, especially my Further Maths grade

Have you met your university offer? Yes

If so, where are you going and what course? Warwick, for MMath

Any other comments: I'm just completely relieved that I got in. Was sure that I'd messed up three of my further maths modules, and my psychology modules, so, just taking a sigh of relief now.

ReputationRep:
    Grades: CU

Did you meet your predictions? Yep

Are you happy with your grades? Yes as I thought i'd get an E and a U. Lol.

Have you met your university offer? No it was DD but I got in anyway.

If so, where are you going and what course? BCUC for Film Studies

Any other comments: I'm rethinking going now. I want to do an Art Foundation course.

ReputationRep:
    I got an A Grade
    252/300
    I am happy with my result as I am only in year 9 going into year 10 so i am pleased as i did this exam young and did well

ReputationRep:
    Grades: BCC

Did you meet your predictions? I was predicted BBB but certain personal circumstances prevented that slightly....

Are you happy with your grades? I think if I could've worked for my exams, then I could definitely have met my predictions so no, I'm actually quite gutted.

Have you met your university offer? I needed BBC for English Language and Sociology at Sheffield, so technically no.

If so, where are you going and what course? They told me I was unsuccessful but offered me a change of course to straight sociology.

Any other comments: I was 5marks off an A in English, my Sociology and Psychology were good all the way up to summer. I was getting A's and B's, but in the summer a string of U's and D's let me down and ultimately cost me my course place. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Grades: CCC (Maths, Business, German)

Did you meet your predictions? I can't really remember what they were. Quite possibly not. I should've done better, but I didn't do much work, and I did better then I thought I would!

Are you happy with your grades? Yus! I know I cuold do better if I really tried, but C's make me smile, and got me into uni sooo... :-)

Have you met your university offer? Yeah, I needed 200 points to do Accountancy at Portsmouth and I got them!

If so, where are you going and what course? Ohh.. Oops! Just answered it!

Any other comments: If I had of tried harder, I couldve easily had B's. But I didn't. So I won't dwell on it, because my grades aren't awful and are better than what I hoped for!

ReputationRep:
    AAAA it was what i was predicted, i only needed AAB, very happy, and i've probably made everyone sick.

ReputationRep:
    Grades: Comp Sci - A, Math - B, Physic - C

Did you meet your predictions? No, dropped Phy

Are you happy with your grades? Yes

Have you met your university offer? No, but still going!

If so, where are you going and what course? Nottingham to do Comp Science

Any other comments:Come on!

ReputationRep:
    Grades: AAB - 100% English lit. 93% Psychology. One mark off an A in music!! :mad:

Did you meet your predictions?

Very, very nearly

Are you happy with your grades?

One more mark in music and I would have been...

Have you met your university offer?

Not applicable

If so, where are you going and what course?

N/a

Any other comments:

Couldn't they have found it in their hearts to give me one more mark in music?!

ReputationRep:
    Grades: AAAAa (English lit, History, German, Music, AS Biology)
    Did you meet your predictions?: yes
    Are you happy with your grades?: absolutely delighted! full marks in 9 modules!
    Have you met your uni offer?: yes- needed AAA
    If so, where are you going and what course?: Clare College, Cambridge- English 2006
    Any other comments?: I'm soooooooo happy!

ReputationRep:
    Grades: AAAB (Chem, psych, maths and bio)

Did you meet your predictions? Predicted AAAA...but dont matter!

Are you happy with your grades? yep, very!

yep, offer was AABD

If so, where are you going and what course? Kings to do dentistry! woohoo!

Any other comments:
    nope not really- juast very happy! congrats to evryone else too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Grades: AAB - 100% English lit. 93% Psychology. One mark off an A in music!! :mad:

Very, very nearly

One more mark in music and I would have been...

Not applicable

N/a

Any other comments:

Couldn't they have found it in their hearts to give me one more mark in music?!
    I thought you were going to Reading? :confused:

As for me...

Grades: ABC - Art, Bio, Chem respectively
    Did I meet my predictions: Nope, it was AAB
    Am I happy? - Couldn't care less, overall. Module breakdown - was surprise about Art but then nobody got what they deserved in the entire class so I reckon it's the teachers and the marking, rather than our work (teachers from our own school mark every coursework and every exam, you see). However, I'm extremely pleased about my Chem, even if it is my lowest grade Not that I can't get better than a C - but simply, in my resit I upped myself by exactly an entire grade (from exact C to exact B) and synoptic paper, considered the hardest of the course, I was only 2 marks off a B so *am proud* :proud: I screwed myself over by slacking in coursework, which is how I got my overall C. Ironic - it's ALWAYS coursework that drags my grades down :mad: Surprised with Bio - 8 marks off an A grrrr - although the surprise was I was only 2 marks off an A in the paper I thought I did worst in :eek: turned out to be my best paper.
    Did I meet my offer? - No cus they wanted BBB - but they took me anyway
    What course and uni am I doing/going to now? - Nottingham Uni for MSci Neuroscience :party:
    Other comments - I'm just pleased I got in! - I couldn't care less what grades I actually got as long as I'm in!

ReputationRep:
    Grades: AAA

Did you meet your predictions? Yes! Was predicted AAB (B in chemistry), but I did better hahaha!!

Are you happy with your grades? I was screaming like a girl for hours.

Have you met your university offer? Offer was AAB, so yep!

If so, where are you going and what course? Sheffield to do BA Law with Spanish

Any other comments: I'm so happy!! But kinda sad for my friends though because a lot of them didn't get the grades that they wanted and can't go to their unis

ReputationRep:
    AAB

Psychology ~ A
    Sociology ~A
    Biology ~ B

Did you meet your predictions? I was predicted ABB so I did better, haha :p:

Are you happy with your grades? Yep! Got full marks in 4 of my psychology modules and in 2 of my sociology modules so I'm really really happy!

Have you met your university offer? Definitely, only needed 180 points to get in, I got 340

If so, where are you going and what course? Roehampton University to do BSc Psychology and Counselling

Any other comments: I'm over the moon and so shocked about my results, I was expecting ACC. Can't wait to start my course

ReputationRep:
    AABB going to LIPA to do dance and had an unconditional offer so i didn't need to do too well lol. Just a bonus. Got an A in Dance (thank God) and English Language and B's in Psychology (6 marks off an A-arrrh) and General Studies. I've also got a B in Biology at AS Level.

ReputationRep:
    AAA(maths phy che)
    yep
    yep
    no but trying hard

oooooooooooooooooooo!

ReputationRep:
    Grades: AAAA (History, Lit, Maths with Stats and General)

Did you meet your predictions? Yes, I did although I think my UMS marks were worse than expected....I only got history and maths by about 8 UMS marks!

Are you happy with your grades? DEFINITELY!

Have you met your university offer? Yes...I needed AAB.

If so, where are you going and what course? York to do English and History (equal)

Any other comments: It's great that I got where I wanted to go and that most of my friends have got what they wanted to. Hard work does pay off! I;'m so excited about york in october!

ReputationRep:
    Grades: AAAB (Bio, Chem,Maths,Computing)

Did you meet your predictions? No, predicted 4 a;s but its not the end of the world
    Are you happy with your grades? alright, would have been happier if I got good a's

Have you met your university offer? didn't really get one for medicine

If so, where are you going and what course? medicine hopefully at trinity(dublin) if they let me in
    Any other comments: I'll hopefully get in somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Grades: AABB (Maths, Media, ICT and Business)

Officially no, but personally yep.

I am indeed.

Nope it was AAA but they let me in regardless.

Nottingham for Maths

Any other comments:

Would of been nice to get an A in ICT as my module scores AAAAAE...but oh well. Looking at my module scores I actually did pretty crap but they all seem to add up to decent grades

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.