The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
AAAA :biggrin: In to Cambridge
Reply 21
Grades: Physics A, Economics A, Maths A, Further Maths C. (AAAC)

Did you meet your predictions? No. Was predicted AAAA

Are you happy with your grades? VERY unhappy

Have you met your university offer? Easily

If so, where are you going and what course? University of Nottingham, Architecture

Any other comments: My F. Maths grade does not at all reflect my mathematical skills/abilities. But oh well, p5 and p6 were killers though.
Grades: A A A

Did you meet your predictions? Yup.

Are you happy with your grades? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Have you met your university offer? Yup. Offer was ABB.

If so, where are you going and what course? Manchester Uni - International Business, Finance and Economics

Any other comments: Over the moon! Congratulations to everybody!!
Reply 23
Grades: B (music) B (english) D (sociology)

Did you meet your predictions? I predicted C C E so yes!!

Are you happy with your grades? Yes

Have you met your university offer? YEES!!!!

If so, where are you going and what course? Music at Bangor

Any other comments: yipeeeeeeeeeee
Grades: AAA

Did you meet your predictions? Yes

Are you happy with your grades? Yes

Have you met your university offer? Yes

If so, where are you going and what course? UCL - Economics

Any other comments: -
Reply 25
Grades: A, A, A, A, Merit English Lit.

Did you meet your predictions? Yeah!!

Are you happy with your grades? Absotively!

Have you met your university offer? Totally, AAB.

If so, where are you going and what course? Sheffield uni, law with european studies (french).

Any other comments: Rather pleased.
Reply 26
AAAA and a distinction in AEA english - I don't know how the hell it happened but I couldn't be any happier! Roll on October!
Reply 27
Grades: CCC

Did you meet your predictions? Yup.

Are you happy with your grades? Kinda, I got quite a few A's this year but my AS results brought me down!

Have you met your university offer? Yes!

If so, where are you going and what course? Goldsmiths, Media and Sociology!

Any other comments: Goldsmiths here i come! :biggrin:
Reply 28
Grades: Computing B, Maths B, Physics C, Further Maths (AS) B

Did you meet your predictions? Pretty much

Are you happy with your grades? In a way... I was expecting an A or two

Have you met your university offer? Yes, Reading wanted BBB so I wasn't sure if I'd get in when I opened my results. Luckily my Further Maths AS grade B scraped me in, which I found out when I returned home and there was an acceptance letter on the doormat. I hit the roof!

If so, where are you going and what course? Reading University, BSc Computer Science

Any other comments: I'm so dam happy, after initially being confused and worried whether my results would get me in or not.

~Ian
Reply 29
Grades:This year A2s:
Physics (A)
Arabic (A)

last year As:
Math (A)
Arabic(A)
physics(B)
chemistry:mad:(was forced to take it) (C)

Did you meet your predictions?hmm yeah,though wished I'd get an A (As&A2)total in physics,but it's ok

Are you happy with your grades?yep

Have you met your university offer?hmm dunno *LOL* think so:p:

If so, where are you going and what course?either communication engineering or elecrotics engineering not sure yet

Any other comments:I just wanna say that working hard is really worth it:wink:, I feel abit guilty about not working enough last year, but I've made it up this year,and satisfied my self, plus I got my A2 physics A which is what I really worked hard for :biggrin:
Reply 30
Grades: Bio(A) Chemistry(B) Geography(A) English lit&lang(A) General Studies AS: A

Did you meet your predictions? Not for chemistry but thats because i boosted them up for oxford

Are you happy with your grades? yes :biggrin:

Have you met your university offer?
yes :biggrin: :biggrin:

If so, where are you going and what course? Bristol - Biological sciences

Any other comments: I got 295/300 for general studies without going to a single lesson! Best result by far!!!
Grades: AAB + A in General Studies.

Did you meet your predictions? Well on my UCAS form I was predicted all As, so no. But then on my mid-year report I was predicted ABB, so yes. Lol.

Are you happy with your grades? No; I would be if I hadn't missed an A by 2 marks in Biology, which I told everyone would happen!

Have you met your university offer? Yes

If so, where are you going and what course? Nottingham, Geography

Any other comments: I'm getting Biology remarked because I was two marks off an A, I worked my ass off for it, and I got a B in a module I thought I'd done really well in.

General Studies has wound me up a bit too, not that it matters. I got Ds in two modules which I thought I'd done really well in and 116/120 in the stupid synoptic one about cars.

All I can say is that OCR is a one sh*te exam board.

I am happy overall though!!!
Reply 32
Grades:
Mathematics(A), Further Mathematics(A), Biology(A), General Studies(A), ICT(B) and AEA Mathematics(Distinction).

Did you meet your predictions?
I met my personal predictions; my centre didn't really have any accurate ones my attitude towards work totally changed last summer.

Are you happy with your grades?
Yes.

Have you met your university offer?
Yes; I needed AAB+Merit.

If so, where are you going and what course?
I'm going to study Mathematics(MMath) at the University of Warwick.

Any other comments:
I was particularly pleased with my AEA grade and general studies grade (even though general studies isn't very valuable).
It's nice to see so many of you did well.
Grades: A (English Literature) A (Government and Politics) A (Sociology) B (General Studies)

Did you meet your predictions? School predicted AAAA, but I've completely surpassed my own expectations!

Are you happy with your grades? Delighted!

Have you met your university offer? Yes.

If so, where are you going and what course? Edinburgh, Politics and Social Policy.

Any other comments: I'm slightly surprised about the General Studies. The UMS marks show that I did VERY badly on the two papers I sat in June (I got a D in one of them!) but I only missed the A overall by 5 marks, which is a bit annoying. Weirdly enough, a lot of people in my year had surprisingly poor GS results; for a lot of us GS was our only B!

On the other hand, I am absolutely thrilled with my English Lit. grade, as I was convinced that I had failed it!
Reply 34
Grades: AAAA (Science and Maths) Chemistry AEA Distinction :biggrin:

Did you meet your predictions? NO! I gave up on my AEA

Are you happy with your grades? :biggrin: (euphoric)

Have you met your university offer? Yep!

If so, where are you going and what course? Bristol medicine

Any other comments: lol-ness!!! I thot i failed the AEA, and would get my butt kicked for that..... hehe, actually, i confirmed my uni place thru ucas before i got my official results
Grades: AABBB (Psychology, German, Chemistry, French, General Studies)

Did you meet your predictions? Psych and german and french yes! The other two i coudn't give a damn!

Are you happy with your grades? I am now!

Have you met your university offer? No....

If so, where are you going and what course? But Cardiff let me in anyway!!! To do psychology

Any other comments: i am currently crying my eyes out while listening to R Kelly - the Worlds greates coz that's how i feel right now! Any other day i'd be jealous of all your As you lot but I don't care!
Reply 36
Grades: AAA (French, German, Biology)

Did you meet your predictions? I exceeded them - I didn't think I could get an A in biology :smile:

Are you happy with your grades? I'm ecstatic!

Have you met your university offer? Yep! I needed BBB

If so, where are you going and what course? I'm going to Sheffield to study French and German

Any other comments: I'm really pleased with biology because when I got my module papers back from January they had blatantly marked it wrong but because I didn't contest it when I should have done nothing was done about it. So in your face OCR :p:
Reply 37
Grades: BBC (Maths, Chemistry, Physics)

Did you meet your predictions? Yes

Are you happy with your grades? YES

Have you met your university offer? YES

If so, where are you going and what course? De Montford - Pharmacy

Any other comments:I'm so going to get offline and meet my friends right now! :tsr:
Reply 38
Grades: A (Maths), A (Physics), A (Chemistry), A (Economics)
Did you meet your predictions? No, predited AAB got AAAA
Are you happy with your grades? Very
Have you met your university offer? Yes!!!!! v. happy
If so, where are you going and what course? UCL - Maths With Economics
Any other comments: lets go parteeee....
Reply 39
Grades: French - A, Geography - A, ICT - B, Gen Studies - C

Did you meet your predictions? yep, i got what i thought i would get

Are you happy with your grades? deffo!

Have you met your university offer? Yeh, I only needed BBB

If so, where are you going and what course? Sheffield Uni for French and Hispanic studies :-)

Any other comments:

Latest