Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    spoon1- i got a C for composing last year , and ended up with an A overall - just by 3 marks! I didn't resit the composition paper and comfortably got a B this year, so it depends on what you want really.

ReputationRep:
    This is pure torture for all of us! I'm getting a remark, are you, Kelly and co?! I doubt it will go up to an A though because it was biology and they have pretty rigid mark schemes, but there's no harm in trying.

ReputationRep:
    My offer from my university was ABC, I got BBC including a B in math. However on that B, in maths I was 4 ums points from getting an A, thats 0.6%. I'm so annoyed, are there any ways I can retake in order to get the A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    spoon1- i got a C for composing last year , and ended up with an A overall - just by 3 marks! I didn't resit the composition paper and comfortably got a B this year, so it depends on what you want really.

Am I right in thinking that there's no composition in the A2 year? only if you take the portfolio of 2 compositions instead of the 20 minute recital (this is on edexcel by the way). Theres just the compositional techniques paper, isnt there? I usually do really well in performing so hopefully i'll be able to scrape an A overall, providing theres not too much composition in the A2 year.

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd add, if you only needed a few UMS marks to get the next grade, get the paper remarked NOW!!!!. Last year when I got my alevel results, two of my psychology papers went up with a total of 30 UMS marks and my ICT coursework mark was put wrong and went up by 70 UMS marks. So be careful, if you thought you had done better, get them checked, you gte your money back if your grades change.

Well done btw!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I need some help. I got my A level results today.

Firstly there's Maths I got 4 C's, but I also got an E and U. Now I want to resit those 2 exams, now how do I do that? I don't want to decline them because if I do worse I'm totally messed then. But if I accept them but retake them, will my overall A level result go up? Or do I decline my overall grade and accept everything else?

Then there's my Graphics I got U's in all modules, I think it's got to be something to do with the school, because I got D's for AS. And as 2 of them are pieces of coursework that I will be able to add to that will be okay, as long as I can do it through my same sixthform. But the question is the same for the Maths. What do I decline/accept? Thanks for all your help.

I'm probably going to have to go see the head of sixthform sometime so I can ask him if you can't help.

ReputationRep:
    Freaky Maths scores...

P5 - 99
    P6 - 100
    M4 - 96

Wtf? :s:

PS, Ellie's sexay!

ReputationRep:
    *Delirious Eleanor*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoon1)
    Am I right in thinking that there's no composition in the A2 year? only if you take the portfolio of 2 compositions instead of the 20 minute recital (this is on edexcel by the way). Theres just the compositional techniques paper, isnt there? I usually do really well in performing so hopefully i'll be able to scrape an A overall, providing theres not too much composition in the A2 year.

Ah sorry I did AQA so I'm not sure about Edexcel

My friend used Edexcel and they lost her performance so she couldn't get any marks for it. Luckily she got in though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    This is pure torture for all of us! I'm getting a remark, are you, Kelly and co?! I doubt it will go up to an A though because it was biology and they have pretty rigid mark schemes, but there's no harm in trying.
    I don't think it's worth it in English. I was expecting a B, but not that high a B, so even though I'm slightly annoyed at being 3 marks off an A, I'm actually pretty happy with that and scared it would go down if remarked! I just need to decide whether it's worth resitting anything to make it easier for A2. As for history, I got 220/300, which is 20 marks off an A, but I might get Unit 2 remarked as I got a D in that (50/90) despite thinking it was my best unit!

ReputationRep:
    I was so confident in the exam room. Easy questions, good knowledge and no pressure from the time should have been the perfect combination.

Today I find I only got 33 out of 90 for the module. How could this have happened? Can they make such a big mistake (i.e. could they put the wrong mark on the wrong candidate?) Yes I know I might seem too confident the mark is wrong but I did better in ICT2 and I found that much harder! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    ask for your exam paper back

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely get it remarked if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of doing so, but how much will the cost be (£2 admin fee for a start). I'm doing Computing AS rather than ICT A2 next year so if the cost is anything too rich there wouldn't be much point in bothering would there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Just thought I'd add, if you only needed a few UMS marks to get the next grade, get the paper remarked NOW!!!!. Last year when I got my alevel results, two of my psychology papers went up with a total of 30 UMS marks and my ICT coursework mark was put wrong and went up by 70 UMS marks. So be careful, if you thought you had done better, get them checked, you gte your money back if your grades change.

Well done btw!!!!!!
    Wtf? Someone made a big mistake first time round then!! I am getting my Environmental Biology paper remarked. All I need is two measly marks, pleaseeeeeeeee OCR!!

Kelly - you are in almost an identical situation which I was in last year with biology! I expected a B and got one, but when I realised how close to an A I was I was annoyed! Do resit a module if you think you have the time to revise for it! I only went up six marks in the one I retook in Jan but it helped loads (shame I didn't go up 8 marks though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnT)
    I'm thinking of doing so, but how much will the cost be (£2 admin fee for a start). I'm doing Computing AS rather than ICT A2 next year so if the cost is anything too rich there wouldn't be much point in bothering would there?
    £35 for a remark, but if it goes up by at least a grade you get your money back.
    I think it's a fiver for getting a copy back.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm trying to figure out, I want to retake 5 modules from A2. You could ring up your sixthform/college and arrange a meeting to talk about it. That's what I'm going to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    Kelly - you are in almost an identical situation which I was in last year with biology! I expected a B and got one, but when I realised how close to an A I was I was annoyed! Do resit a module if you think you have the time to revise for it! I only went up six marks in the one I retook in Jan but it helped loads (shame I didn't go up 8 marks though).
    Yeah, I think I might resit something. I don't know which exam to resit though- I was 5 marks off an A in both!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i got an A A and a D in an English paper which has prevented me from going to York, needed an A overall got a B. How lame is that!

ReputationRep:
    Hi again

I've just realized I am 4 marks from a B in Business. Now I got 90/90 in BUS1 so BUS2 and BUS3 are the culprits. My question is, should I consider a remark, a resit or should I just concentrate on the A2 modules?

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.