Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnt)
    Hi again

I've just realized I am 4 marks from a B in Business. Now I got 90/90 in BUS1 so BUS2 and BUS3 are the culprits. My question is, should I consider a remark, a resit or should I just concentrate on the A2 modules?
    Depends what grade you want at A-level. If you have your heart set on an A, it will be very difficult with a C at AS. Whether you get a remark or resit depends whether you thought you'd done better.

ReputationRep:
    2 marks off an A in biology - am absolutely gutted

ReputationRep:
    How many remarks can you have done? and if you get a lower one, are you allowed to have the higher one back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnt)
    Hi again

I've just realized I am 4 marks from a B in Business. Now I got 90/90 in BUS1 so BUS2 and BUS3 are the culprits. My question is, should I consider a remark, a resit or should I just concentrate on the A2 modules?
    do all 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    How many remarks can you have done? and if you get a lower one, are you allowed to have the higher one back?
    I don't know about number of remarks, but if it comes back lower, that's it, so it's a risk. I think if you're not happy with a remark, you can appeal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieKangaroo)
    2 marks off an A in biology - am absolutely gutted
    Is that AS or A2? If it's A2 then ditto!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    I don't know about number of remarks, but if it comes back lower, that's it, so it's a risk. I think if you're not happy with a remark, you can appeal.
    Eh? I've heard that you can get teh higher one back

ReputationRep:
    You're thinking of resits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnt)
    Hi again

is this for AS if so can you post in the AS level thread so we can concentrate on helping A Level people who have missed offers etc.

ReputationRep:
    You're thinking of resits.
    Is it possible to have an individual unit remarked? I.e. my speaking.

and;

"you must act quickly as requests must be submitted to the Exam Board within 7 days of the publication of results"

is that right?? i cant ask my french teacher what to do before then

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to have an individual unit remarked? I.e. my speaking.

and;

"you must act quickly as requests must be submitted to the Exam Board within 7 days of the publication of results"

is that right?? i cant ask my french teacher what to do before then
    Yep, you can have individual units remarked. Within 7 days??? Whoa, I didn't know that! I'm considering getting a history unit remarked but I won't see my teachers for 2 and a half weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, you can have individual units remarked. Within 7 days??? Whoa, I didn't know that! I'm considering getting a history unit remarked but I won't see my teachers for 2 and a half weeks!
    that's on some random schools website? unless anyone else can prove that wrong??? (please do...)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.qca.org.uk/7184_7235.html#q3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwoo)
    i got a friend who got DDE for AS, can he still get an offers from any uni....?? i feel sorry for him
    hey! i got DDEE when i done my AS's, but i still applied to the unis i wanted to anyway and i got into all of them despite them asking for higher than i was predicted! i retook in jan and did reealy well in the end and iv been at uni for a year now!

ReputationRep:
    AND .. iv just read through this thread, and its full of ppl sayin how many marks they were off an A, etc.. Just be proud you passed and that you've got into uni! once you're at uni, no one cares what alevels you got!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm planning on doing double IT at A level, which I should get an AA in. Will this stop my chances of getting into a uni as i will only have 2 A levels?

ReputationRep:
    hi!
    my sister gt 4 A's in Chemistry, Biology, Physcology and General Studies, but she gt a C in English Lit. but shes upset about her English!!!!!!!!!!!!! no 1 knows y!!!!! she was very ill wen she woz takin English Lit. and her teacher woz suprised so he's submitted it 4 a remark! it woz a mid C do u think it cud become a low B?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallguy54321)
    hi!
    my sister gt 4 A's in Chemistry, Biology, Physcology and General Studies, but she gt a C in English Lit. but shes upset about her English!!!!!!!!!!!!! no 1 knows y!!!!! she was very ill wen she woz takin English Lit. and her teacher woz suprised so he's submitted it 4 a remark! it woz a mid C do u think it cud become a low B?????
    Highly improbable...

ReputationRep:
    For a re-mark the maks can go up or down, for a re-sit, the grades can only go up!

ReputationRep:
    Missed UCL insurance by 4 marks. Sad.

Edit: Phoned Oxford and I still have a confirmed offer despite B in English.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.