Turn on thread page Beta

We,ve been burgled! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Went shopping at11 am yesterday and when I came back at 4pm the place had been ramsacked. They had been in every room and all throught the cuboards and drawers and handbags. The new TV was taken and two dvd players, xbox, jewellery, cds games, what ever wasnt bolted down basically. Police only came this morning and am waiting on the forensics officer now!

ReputationRep:
    Aw no! I hope you catch those *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear you've been burgled. People who do things like that are sad. They need to get a life. Did they take anything sentimental?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Aw no! I hope you catch those *******s.
    [slightly off topic] do you not sleep??

sorry to hear about that... you have insurance right?

ReputationRep:
    Does who not sleep?? yes thank god we are insured. Still trying to work out how they got in!

ReputationRep:
    OOooh, insurance. Fun. Be sure to add some stuff you didn't have. Bag yourself a nice digital camcorder or something.

By the way, the XBOX... did they steal the memory card too?? OH NO! Wait! XBOX saves to a hard drive right? That's just evil, I'd be raging if someone stole my game saves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natmarjus)
    Does who not sleep?? yes thank god we are insured. Still trying to work out how they got in!
    Just hope you didn't leave any windows or doors open, and that your door and window locks were up to the insurance company's standards. They can be a bit picky :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a burglar alarm though wood we have not been burgeled since I installed that but I need to upgrade it some time this week when I get chance.

ReputationRep:
    That's horrible! But with it being the middle of the day surely someone must have seen something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    OOooh, insurance. Fun. Be sure to add some stuff you didn't have. Bag yourself a nice digital camcorder or something.

By the way, the XBOX... did they steal the memory card too?? OH NO! Wait! XBOX saves to a hard drive right? That's just evil, I'd be raging if someone stole my game saves.
    Yeah, when our car was broken into at the beginning of our holiday a few years ago, the insurance only said they'd pay half on my sister's new hairdryer. So we re-calculated how many tapes we'd taken for the video camera.

To be honest, if somebody stole my x-box I don't think I'd be too bothered about the game saves. I'd be more bothered about the console itself.

Good luck with getting all your claims through on the insurance and hope the police catch the thieves.

ReputationRep:
    your computer must be ***** if it's still here for you to be typing on

ReputationRep:
    Unhonested insurance claims are all well and good, but its not hurting their profits its putting our premiums up.

ReputationRep:
    lol they left 5 pcs in the house, too big i guess. i reckon they knew they were coming for the plasma, they got two laptops thou. all doors n windows were locked so forensics are looking now to see how they got in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Unhonested insurance claims are all well and good, but its not hurting their profits its putting our premiums up.
    shutup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    We didn't want to hurt their profits, we wanted money to replace what had been taken. That, after all, is the point of insurance. We changed the insurance afterwards becasue of it. I do agree that you shouldn't make dishonest claims so that you profit yourself from the claim, but I don't think you should be expected to take less money than should be given by the company.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmjp)
    We didn't want to hurt their profits, we wanted money to replace what had been taken. That, after all, is the point of insurance. We changed the insurance afterwards becasue of it. I do agree that you shouldn't make dishonest claims so that you profit yourself from the claim, but I don't think you should be expected to take less money than should be given by the company.
    You should just claim what was taken and perhaps add a couple of extra CDs or somthing, but when you start adding stuff like camcorders which you never owned in the first place it becomes imoral and ilegal.

Its fruad really. At the same time if you think somthing was worth more than what the insurance company is offering you should never apcept it.

ReputationRep:
    Yikes, how many pc/laptops did you have in the house? Could of opened your own computer store. :eek:

Anyway, if you catch them, be sure to kick them. I reckon it was the butler though. :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Real Pity to have such an experience

considering the fact that it was in daytime, your neighbours ought to be quite helpful... they couldnt have pocketed all those stuffs and strolled out

ReputationRep:
    that takes the piss.

hope you get it all sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Yikes, how many pc/laptops did you have in the house? Could of opened your own computer store. :eek:

Anyway, if you catch them, be sure to kick them. I reckon it was the butler though. :hmmmm:
    lol. I know they are computer mad. There are 4 downstairs and three upstairs and then everyone has a laptop too. The neighbours did see someone in the garden but just though we had people round. The police have told us now that there have a suspect in custody, a 20yr old male.

BTW thanks everybody. xx

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.