Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been desperate for any kind of summer job, so I applied at Goodwood Racecourse. It turns out I've got some casual work as a 'Catering Assistant'..the only problem is I have no idea what this involves and I feel to embarrassed to call and ask!
    Does anyone have any ideas about what this may involve so I can perhaps prepare myself?!
    Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    They will tell you when you get there. Prob preparing food and washing up, maybe a bit of counter service as well depends whether they have waitresses or not.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i was a catering assistant. Basically washing up, fetching stuff, making basic food and drinks etc...

ReputationRep:
    phew doesn't sound too bad, will I have to cook anything?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a catering assistant at my university's union cafe. I make meals that are served, take orders on the till, take deliveries, clean tables, and clean up everything at end of the day, wash dishes using dishwasher. It's good fun and keeps you on your toes. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kato_88)
    phew doesn't sound too bad, will I have to cook anything?
    no, i was made to help prepare a few sandwiches, but only at xmas! i loved working in catering-much better than retail, despite the hard work

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.