The Student Room Group

Funding Advice For Ma???

Hi,

I have just been accepted to do an MA in Human Rights at UCL and am now in the process of desperately searching for funding.

I have already looked at the various grants UCL provides and have written to some trusts/charities but I just don't think that it will be enough.

I now want to look into getting sponsored to do the course by a business, which I have heard is not that uncommon.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Particular companies who you know sponsor postgrad students?
Any ideas as to how I go about asking for sponsorship in writing?
Any personal experiences which might help me?

Let me know,

Grace
Don't forget career development loans. Not quite what you wanted but they might be what you end up seeking.
I haven't heard much about corporate sponsorship for masters degrees, mainly for PhDs (a flatmate I once lived with was sponsored by Clarks for his PhD in Mechanical Engineering, he was researching the strength of sole materials - a topic relevant to that company)

You could research companies you feel are relevant to your subject and send speculative letters, perhaps offer to work for them in some unpaid capacity in exchange for sponsorship?

Latest

Trending

Trending