Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    okay this may sound weird but..
    i have an offer as firm at QMW for biology..and insurance @ UEL..however i do not wish to go to any of them

rather i want to go thru clearing and perhaps get into a course in UCL WEstminister or Kings..
    Is there anyway i could find out before results come out if the unis still have some spaces left on certain courses?..so then i know that i should look for them during clearing?

for exmple, could i ring up UCL and ask if they have any spaces left in biology?

By the way, i did initially get offers from UCL and kings but i rejected...dont ask why ..i dont know :s

Any help much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    The list of universities in clearing isn't published until results day, so you'll have to phone them and ask if they have any vacancies. Have you asked to be released from your firm and insurance choices? If you leave it until results day, they'll have more important things to do and by the time they get around to it, all the good places might have gone, so if you're sure you don't want to go to either university, it's best to ring them now.

ReputationRep:
    Some universities have their clearing list up already when I saw some university sites on google (e.g. Coventry - http://www.coventry.ac.uk/clearing/courses/subject.html). PQ's post has a list of university's clearing sites and telephone numbers that you might be interested. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...53&postcount=2

ReputationRep:
    Biology in UCL went into clearing last year... you could give them a call but I think the last day for the unis releasing you is the 12th! so hurry up!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.