Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if its possible to contact our exam boards (preferably by E-Mail) to ask if they can tell us a few of our grades, or if not, to ask what the grade boundaries are for this years GCSE's.

If it possible, I'm hoping to contact AQA, Edexcel and OCR.
    Does anyone know of any E-Mail addyresses?

I found this one "[email protected]", hence for AQA.

Do you think they would mind candidates contacting them? :confused:

Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You can try, but I shouldn't think you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting anything from them till the 25th!

ReputationRep:
    I think they probably have lots of people asking if they'll give them their exam grades early, and it probably annoys them slightly... But try if you want to!

ReputationRep:
    Forgive me for being negative, but I'd say there's a big chance you don't have a hope in hell of getting a single word out of them.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I thought, but just wanted your opinons. Thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a general enquiry then I think they would contact you, but anything to do with GCSE Rersults and I would say you have no chance whatsoever - the official date isn't until the 25th.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure our senior tutor said something about the grade boundries not being released until our results are - she said that she could tell us if it was worth us getting a re-mark when we phone in anyway, and the only way I can imagine they know is if they have the boundries! I wouldn't even bother asking for your grades, if they let one person know they have to let the whole country have theirs too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlouisedoll)
    Forgive me for being negative, but I'd say there's a big chance you don't have a hope in hell of getting a single word out of them.
    :ditto:

They don't even reply to normal enquiring emails let alone emails enquiring grades which which are meant to be out on the 25th.

You could ideally bribe them- I've been told that markers get paid squat

ReputationRep:
    Nope, unfortunately not, otherwise there'd be scores of people bugging the exam boards for their results and I'd already have my AS results :cool:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by heninacoop)
    I'm pretty sure our senior tutor said something about the grade boundries not being released until our results are - she said that she could tell us if it was worth us getting a re-mark when we phone in anyway, and the only way I can imagine they know is if they have the boundries! I wouldn't even bother asking for your grades, if they let one person know they have to let the whole country have theirs too!
    That is perfectly true - I get all my students breadown of marks plus the boundaries for each module on the same day that the results are issued to students. Consequently it is very easy to see whether a remark is a viable option.

ReputationRep:
    Early results-no
    Grade boundaries-Possibly

^Just IMO

ReputationRep:
    Just wait till the 25th! Look, you maybe nervous/curious now, but getting your results early (not that you have any chance, as it would be a bearucratical nightmare), isn't exactly the best idea. It would be much more fun to feel the excitement and go through the emotional rollercoaster of results day with everybody else in your year group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    That is perfectly true - I get all my students breadown of marks plus the boundaries for each module on the same day that the results are issued to students. Consequently it is very easy to see whether a remark is a viable option.
    Is this for GCSE or just A levels? And does that mean if I go and see my teachers they can actually tell me the marks I got as well as my grade?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    for all exams! yes theycan tell you precisely what you got for each component and what your final mark was in relation to the grade boundaries, if you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    for all exams! yes theycan tell you precisely what you got for each component and what your final mark was in relation to the grade boundaries, if you want
    OK cool. I didn't realise this, as I sat GCSE maths (intermediate) in January (the top sets was made to do this as a 'back up' in case they messed up in summer) and my teacher didn't get the breakdown of marks until a couple of weeks after the grades were in.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    January ones (GCSE) do tend to be a bit different and you can't guarantee the standard pattern that you get in the summer.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.