Turn on thread page Beta

Being the youngest of the year ... sucks watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if I will ever find out anything good about being one of the youngest of my academic year. An august birthday myself, I find it utterly frustrating. I couldn't find a job when all my friends had jobs, I couldn't enter the lottery when my friends could (not that I wanted to, it's just the restriction). Imagine how it is going to be when everyone starts turning 18 - pubs - oh no. I think the only option is fake ID! Fellow august birthdays, we really do have a rubbish time! We should get extra money or something.

The moral of this story is - mothers don't give birth in August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigmy Goat)

so stop having sex in december everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly - i couldn't work that calculation out myself

ReputationRep:
    I'm a late september person (which goes back to december) and I'm one of the oldest... it's a very thin line between oldest and youngest :p:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if I will ever find out anything good about being one of the youngest of my academic year. An august birthday myself, I find it utterly frustrating. I couldn't find a job when all my friends had jobs, I couldn't enter the lottery when my friends could (not that I wanted to, it's just the restriction). Imagine how it is going to be when everyone starts turning 18 - pubs - oh no. I think the only option is fake ID! Fellow august birthdays, we really do have a rubbish time! We should get extra money or something.

but you can proudly say that youve had the same education as those almost a year older than you (born in the previous september or whatever), i know im proud of being born in june cus of that :cool: makes me feel clever

ReputationRep:
    you could go to the pub with your 'older' friends and have a valid reason for not getting a round in

ReputationRep:
    yeah but being the youngest in the family sucks even more.

ReputationRep:
    My birthdays august 17 and I had that problem last year, torture it is, the irony of it is I haven't been ID'd once since I turned 18 where as I got it all the time before I was, except for one time when I went to get the euro lottery for my mum :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I know someone born on 1st September, and her sister was born on 31st August, so they're in the same year but there is a year between them...that must be weird :eek: Just think a day after the youngest turns 16, the oldest can start driving lessons!

ReputationRep:
    Plus, if you have girlfriends/boyfriends in your year they're pretty much guaranteed to be older than you.
    I'm now an older woman. Damn you August mothers.

ReputationRep:
    It sucks I know. My birthday is 21st August and I'm 5th youngest in my year. It's not just the fact that all your friends can smoke/have sex/buy a house/get married/get a job......it's also the fact that you feel really old for a few weeks before going back to school and in September most of your friends turn 17.
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    Fellow august birthdays, we really do have a rubbish time!
    RUBBISH

it's great being the youngest -

Academically if you do badly it's a great excuse, if you do well it makes it look even better

Birthdays are ALWAYS in the holidays...and even better in the holidays with nice weather and a bank holiday and lots of "stuff" going on around the same time

Once you get a bit older you'll realise that being younger is actually not such a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    RUBBISH

Academically if you do badly it's a great excuse, if you do well it makes it look even better

Birthdays are ALWAYS in the holidays...and even better in the holidays with nice weather and a bank holiday and lots of "stuff" going on around the same time

Once you get a bit older you'll realise that being younger is actually not such a bad thing
    Actually I agree about that. Even though I'm the youngest, I'll probably be amongst the top 10 come results day which kind of pisses my friends off and allows me to smirk at them.

ReputationRep:
    You can always, always use the "forgot my ID" trick at the pub. Persuade the bouncer/barman that since all your friends are 18/19, why would they let you tag along with them ? Always worked for me, even though I have an October birthday.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the looking cleverer rationale - you've had just as much education!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    RUBBISH

says the wise old one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    yes but youve had it almost a year earlier in comparison to those in the same year who's birthdays are in the previous september/october lets say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    yeah but when is started school becuase I was the youngest due to my aug 29th birthday I got to goto sleep in the corner whilst everyone else was doing stuff

ReputationRep:
    And I agree with PQ - being you is actually pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    yeah but when is started school becuase I was the youngest due to my aug 29th birthday I got to goto sleep in the corner whilst everyone else was doing stuff
    *imagines just how cute you must have been*

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.