Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Woe russian!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twaffy)
    Russian AQA. It was the only one I did this year, not an experience i want to repeat. I messed up my speaking but not as badly as my sister who said that she and her friend bathed their books lol.
    Привет, Twaffy. Как дела ? - Tried learning Russian and Japanese in my leisure time but became too much. Nice languages though!

ReputationRep:
    I think that edexcel german listening the last two questions wer evil.. and could mess up my chances of getin my a* predicted grade..the speaking was horrible.. my teacha reli pushed me until i broke down.. the writin was HELL coz i felt reli ill and genraly messed it up and realised wen i came out... also english literature aqa spec b i did lord of the flies war poetry post 1900 and an inspector calls.. target grade was a b/a ..lucky if i pass.. scrape a C if anyone did these id luv 2 hear from ya thanx xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hardest was defo Triple Science EDEXCEL. Modules 13-18 where just killers ! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, i found edexcel modules 15 and 16 hell, but hopefully it'll make A-level a bit easier as titrations and most of the calculations are in the A-level sylabus. I think English and English Lit were the hardest though.

ReputationRep:
    I think the hardest exam for me was probably OCR French reading - it was an absolute killer! It was so hard it was unbelievable!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yehhhhhhhhhh French OCR was a biatch wasn't it, the reading I mean. Lol i remember thinking about the answers for that one about Texas and Dallas - the cats? I can't remember it that well, but i know it was iffy. But AQA Maths paper 1, i nearly died of shock, god all the past papers in the world couldnt prepare u for that paper. but hopefully we will all do ok in the paper! so good luck too all, we should all pass!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prinzessin1988)
    I think that edexcel german listening the last two questions wer evil.. and could mess up my chances of getin my a* predicted grade..the speaking was horrible.. my teacha reli pushed me until i broke down.. the writin was HELL coz i felt reli ill and genraly messed it up and realised wen i came out... also english literature aqa spec b i did lord of the flies war poetry post 1900 and an inspector calls.. target grade was a b/a ..lucky if i pass.. scrape a C if anyone did these id luv 2 hear from ya thanx xxxx
    Dunno why so many find German hard to be honest. I've just spent a week in DL and because of the close similarities to English I was able to understand most of what was being said around me, just from picking words out that sounded like English. If I can do that in a week surely someone could become semi-fluent (I know semi-fluent is technically impossible but hopefully you know what I mean) in 2 years? It just seems ridiculous really - English is a Germanic language and is very similar in some respects. Oh well, not meaning to be offensive just curious why so many find it hard.

P.S. I suppose pronunciation might be tough - I got confused trying to pronounce some words because I couldn't see the correlation - i.e. Pfälzer would be pronounced Feltser etc... The umlaute is confusing at times perhaps... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    blooody ell deffo the aqa maths paper jeez i still am in shock over it.....

ReputationRep:
    Not sure really - it all seems such a long time ago since I finished them now, but waiting for the results seems to have arrived really quickly. Here's a quick summary:
    English Literature - this was great. Loved both of the questions, but wrote twelve pages of ''Of Mice and Men'', so didn't answer any poetry. Hopefully scrape at least a 'C', but it might be unlikely if the poetry is worth the most marks.
    Maths - I finished and overall it was good (he says )

English - a very easy English Paper 1 (a lot more straighrforward than last year) and a good poetry question on Paper 2. After filling my answer book with the reading comprehension in P1 and the Poetry q. in P2 though and not having time to do the rest of it, I'm not too optamistic about this one. Was hoping for an 'A' and if I fail (i.e. get a D or below then I wander if the teacher I've had for the last tweo years wo;; ever speak to me again!)

History - this was great. A set of really accessable papers that covered most aspects of the course. I wrote 7 pages for the first question, so didn't get on to the other two for P1 and only about a quarter of the questions on P2. Again very very disappointing.

French - finished, but this was hard!

Science - Biology was fantastic, Chemistry was quite hard and Physics wasn't too bad (surprisingly), but again I was miles off finshing., especially in Biology as I decided to literally write in every possible white space.

Food - Very good. I was really surprised by this one as I thought it was going to be difficult, but thankfully it strongly resembled the mock exam we did in December. I only got about a quarter of the way through as I needed extra paper (in addition to the lines provided). This is a sour point as I was really hoping for an ''A''.

Religious Studies - a good range of questions and some even repeated from previous years. We did two papers and on the first I got less than half way and on the second I did the paper the other way around (essays first), but only did one despite having two to do and loads of questions - and practising fitting my answers into the lines for the last two years. Really was hoping for the A* in this one, so it was a great disappointment to know I'm not going to get it - I'll hide away if I don't get at least a 'C' (and avoid the RE Department as they were convinced ift would work out). Wanted to take RE at A-Level, so it remains to be seen what happens in this one.

Think that's everything!

ReputationRep:
    physics..........PHYSICS........[/B]PHYSICS!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    English Literature!

ReputationRep:
    AQA science paper 2 was tricky, particularly compared to paper 1 which was easy as hell. Anyone agree?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear Lord....AQA maths was definitely hardest for me....but can't change anything now, just keep fingers crossed for results day!

ReputationRep:
    I found the AQA Maths papers very hard and am terrified of getting my results.... was hoping to get an 'A' but really felt i struggled in the exam.
    It's reassuring to hear that others found this exam difficult too!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, that's exactly what i was thinking too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blur303)
    AQA science paper 2 was tricky, particularly compared to paper 1 which was easy as hell. Anyone agree?
    Yes i do lol!!

ReputationRep:
    Media was a walk in the park. English language was pretty easy as was Maths, German, RE and Technology. I found P1 science the easiest examination ever, i am predicting almost full grades. P2 science was my shortcoming, as was S3 in English Literature, stupid welsh poet who was talking about a footballer on drugs whilst discussing a field of white snow; if only i had know that beforehand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    History paper 1. My wrist was not meant for 2 hours of non-stop writing.
    Indeed! I think in no other exam than my History ones did I write non-stop without any break at all for 2 hours. Every bit of me hurt! I enjoyed the History ones most though...even though I hadn't revised, stuff just seemed to flow from the pen more easily and I wasn't sitting there much thinking, 'Help!'

Hardest were all the sciences, particularly Chemistry...Physics annoyed me because I'd just covered one q with my tutor the night before, and couldn't remember it...basically they were hardest because I didn't revise. I'm bricking it about my science results!

ReputationRep:
    my hardest subject was aqa design and technology graphics. i jus messed up. hope i can still my manage my target grade though(A)

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.