Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm not sure why i felt the urge to create a whole new thread for this. i just can't work out how to change the name on the old thread ( help me name my potted plant ) if anyone can tell me how to change the name of the other thread, then i'll merge the two .

anyway, as requested, i am announcing that my potted plant (identified this morning as a chamaedorea elegans, whatever that is) will, from this day forth, be known as:

the very leafy henry/henrietta twitchy ramroff bean of the jungle.

...and here is a picture of the naming ceremony. due to the small size of the potted plant, i'm afraid i had to abridge the name on the hat a bit, but i'm sure that bean (as i am calling the plant for short) understands.

if anyone wishes to congratulate the very leafy henry/henrietta twitchy ramroff bean of the jungle on its new name, comment on the choice of name, or even offer his/her services as godparent, then this be the thread to do it in.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Why is it submerged in blue crystals? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Why is it submerged in blue crystals? :eek:
    it isn't submerged! they are on top of the soil, to make it feel pretty (and therefore happy).

ReputationRep:
    great name :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttons7)
    it isn't submerged! they are on top of the soil, to make it feel pretty (and therefore happy).
    Ohh I see. Do you talk to it?

ReputationRep:
    Ohh I see. Do you talk to it?
    no. i only got it a couple of days ago. but yesterday i decided to name it (in another thread, which there is a link to), and i decided to have a namig ceremony

to cut a long story short, it now has a nam and a hat and, if it survives the summer, it will go to university with me to live the high-life.

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt mind seeing a plant getting sloshed :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    no. i only got it a couple of days ago. but yesterday i decided to name it (in another thread, which there is a link to), and i decided to have a namig ceremony

to cut a long story short, it now has a nam and a hat and, if it survives the summer, it will go to university with me to live the high-life.
    ooh, make a blog about it with pictures and video :p:

ReputationRep:
    ooh, make a blog about it with pictures and video :p:
    i'm actually bored enough that, despite the facetious nature of that comment, i am finding it to be quite a tempting idea.

i know someone who made a website about his "son," which was a bus-ticket called junior.

ReputationRep:
    i'm actually bored enough that, despite the facetious nature of that comment, i am finding it to be quite a tempting idea.

i know someone who made a website about his "son," which was a bus-ticket called junior.
    It wasn't that facetious :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol a bus ticket excellent when i was younger i had a pet dead crab and chain -they were inseparable (literally) and at another stage a pet onion who i had to cut up in class - how i cried! yay twitchy was in the name and i would be proud even moved to shed a tear to bestow my wisdom upon this new member of the planty congregation as godmother to it....

ReputationRep:
    And...

see this link:
    http://www.crocus.co.uk/Catalog/Hous...&ClassID=85049

you should keep its pebbles moist. A lot of indoor species respond well to this. I know I do.

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    dunnae worry, Aitch, those pebbles are always moist, i make sure of it. and, since you seem to be the expert on plantlife, how well do you think it would respond to me trying to get it drunk (as suggested by namesake ramroff)?

Lirael Abhorsen (what happened to sabriel btw?), you are now official godmother, especially since you gave it one of its favourite middle names. hopefully, it will last longer than the onion.

ReputationRep:
    dunnae worry, Aitch, those pebbles are always moist, i make sure of it. and, since you seem to be the expert on plantlife, how well do you think it would respond to me trying to get it drunk (as suggested by namesake ramroff)?

Lirael Abhorsen (what happened to sabriel btw?), you are now official godmother, especially since you gave it one of its favourite middle names. hopefully, it will last longer than the onion.
    Here is a poem about drunken plants, which might prove edifying. I am assuming that you do read to it.

http://www.burtonbradstock.org.uk/Hi...er%20Flood.htm

And here is a good link to care of indoor palms:

http://www.betterlawns.com/betterlaw...ch02/blg_3.asp

Aitch

ReputationRep:

I remembered that I'd heard of this, and just found it. You've missed it for this year, I'm afraid:

http://www.wellcat.com/july/take_you...for_a_walk.htm

With relatively little amendment, if you really have to plaster your plant, you could adapt it to

"Take your Houseplant for a Wallbanger" Day

or

"Take your Houseplant for a Wasting" Day

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    lmao. where on earth do you find all that stuff?

i haven't got any cider, though . hmmm...i wonder how well bean will cope with malibu...

and of course i read to it! :eek: i am horrified even to consider that there may be some plant owners cruel enough to deprive their charges of the joys of literature!! needless to say, bean very much enjoyed the cider poem.

ReputationRep:
    It just looks so hapy to have an official name!
    You could take him/her with you places so it could travel the world!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dondon26)
    It just looks so hapy to have an official name!
    You could take him/her with you places so it could travel the world!?

doesn't it just

and i fully intend to. bean needs to see the world!

well, kind of. i am aware that there are strict travelling regulations on plants and stuff in some places, so i'm thinking i might just have to take a laminated photo of bean with me, whilst leaving him/her in the care of one of its godparents (i.e. my mum. although she doesn't know about her new status yet).

ReputationRep:
    yay i'm a godmother thanks ! ahh Sabriel...umm well she may be the Abhorsen but i am Abhorsen in line and also a Remembrancer... multi talented

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lirael Abhorsen)
    yay i'm a godmother thanks ! ahh Sabriel...umm well she may be the Abhorsen but i am Abhorsen in line and also a Remembrancer... multi talented
    you're very welcome. thank you for offering!

i'll believe you with the sabriel thing. i'm afraid i've yet to read those books, i just work in a bookshop and am kind of familiar with the titles. (*feels sheepish*)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.