Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I start my new college in September and today I went to look through for my wardrobe and found that the majority of what I have are too small and outdated so really I need some more. I went out recently to the last minute sales in Manchester (near where I live at the moment) and I got some really decent bargains and I went to a few of the cool shops around the northern quarter ( - I wana recommend Pop Boutique on Oldham Road/Street :confused: ) Oh well I guess I can always get some more during college but I was wondering what the deal is in 6th form colleges. Do people usually wear a different outfit every day or swap every tops or trousers usually. I sorta have this fear that I'll stand out among other people because I'm moving to a quite "well off" area and my new 6th form is what I'd say was "posh" for me. This post might sound stupid but it's just what I was hoping someone could help me out with. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just mix and match clothing. You don't need a new, different outfit for everyday. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    i brought loads of 3 tops for 10 pound type thing and mixed and matched them with different trousers througout the week.

ReputationRep:
    Ninevah i had the same problem cos all tho my sixth form is state school it is full of private school kids, all u need is jeans and just get loads of tees need a maximum of 5 pairs of jeans/trousers and then just mix the tees and jeans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninevah)
    Hi,
    I start my new college in September and today I went to look through for my wardrobe and found that the majority of what I have are too small and outdated so really I need some more. I went out recently to the last minute sales in Manchester (near where I live at the moment) and I got some really decent bargains and I went to a few of the cool shops around the northern quarter ( - I wana recommend Pop Boutique on Oldham Road/Street :confused: ) Oh well I guess I can always get some more during college but I was wondering what the deal is in 6th form colleges. Do people usually wear a different outfit every day or swap every tops or trousers usually. I sorta have this fear that I'll stand out among other people because I'm moving to a quite "well off" area and my new 6th form is what I'd say was "posh" for me. This post might sound stupid but it's just what I was hoping someone could help me out with. Thanks
    I wouldn't worry about it. I find at college most people have 2 or 3 outfits they wear in slightly differing variations over and over again - I only noticed because like you, I was worried I might not have as many different outfits as some people. But generally speaking people don't notice how many outfits you have.

ReputationRep:
    ooo, thanks god i m going to a 6th form with uniform, which are just suits. thanks god. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Bethany*)
    I wouldn't worry about it. I find at college most people have 2 or 3 outfits they wear in slightly differing variations over and over again - I only noticed because like you, I was worried I might not have as many different outfits as some people. But generally speaking people don't notice how many outfits you have.
    I may be the odd one out here but have around 25 t shirts and 15 shirts and 10 pairs of trousers which I wear in a mix and match aray depending on my mood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra)
    I may be the odd one out here but have around 25 t shirts and 15 shirts and 10 pairs of trousers which I wear in a mix and match aray depending on my mood
    though I would say this isnt really the norm, it's just that I like shopping

ReputationRep:
    i have loads of tshirts i keep buying them i probabily about the same 25 to 30ish, but i live in them summer or winter. In the winter i stick them with a wooly cardie and a warm coat.

ReputationRep:
    I spent a fortune at the start of 6th form on clothes just to make a fashion statement. It literally got to the stage of me only wearing a shirt/tshirt once and trousers twice!!! I have in excess of 30 pairs of trousers, dozens of t shirts and about 40 shirts I think, plus lots of other stuff. Madness! I'm gonna have a massive clear out before uni as I can't take all this with me!

ReputationRep:
    Must say I much prefer wearing shirts than t shirts. I rarely wear t shirts, always a funky shirt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    I spent a fortune at the start of 6th form on clothes just to make a fashion statement. It literally got to the stage of me only wearing a shirt/tshirt once and trousers twice!!! I have in excess of 30 pairs of trousers, dozens of t shirts and about 40 shirts I think, plus lots of other stuff. Madness! I'm gonna have a massive clear out before uni as I can't take all this with me!
    :eek: yeah, you won't be able to get them all into one wardrobe!
    I only have a few t-shirts, and I don't have any cardigans, but they sound like a good idea, so you could still wear your t-shirts in summer... might be better than buying any more jumpers... hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    Must say I much prefer wearing shirts than t shirts. I rarely wear t shirts, always a funky shirt!
    I think shirts look better than t-shirts on guys... I've already said that a millions times though

ReputationRep:
    oo hoo i bought some stuff today. 2 pairs of jeans one from H&M that i believe is quite cool im at the further end of 16 but i have a 28" waist so im glad i found a pair that were decent and a number of trousers because i prefer them over jeans. jeans make my arse look big. i need more shoes/trainees/sneakerrs tho. oh and i have sum jackets and sum shirts. sum1 help me with arranging stuff ... im not that good .
    fankoo every1

ReputationRep:
    i have about 35 tops and 5 trousers/jeans ect.. i just mix and match, much less hassle!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.