Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mb85)
    Jewish should pay more since they have US support.....
    I think you are confusing Judaism, which is a major world faith, with Zionism, which is a political ideology intent on protecting the rights of the state of Israel. Yes, Israel gets US support, but so do many other countries around the world, including Arab states. Jewish students pay exactly the same as everyone else for their university tuition as, in this country, we believe in the fundamental right to education on an equal basis, regardless of religion, nationality or ethnicity. Your opinions would be considered by many to be quite offensive so I would shut up if I were you.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    I think you are confusing Judaism, which is a major world faith, with Zionism, which is a political ideology intent on protecting the rights of the state of Israel. Yes, Israel gets US support, but so do many other countries around the world, including Arab states. Jewish students pay exactly the same as everyone else for their university tuition as, in this country, we believe in the fundamental right to education on an equal basis, regardless of religion, nationality or ethnicity. Your opinions would be considered by many to be quite offensive so I would shut up if I were you.

LOL! I hope you're not implying American support to Arab states is the same as support to Israel.

ReputationRep:
    yeah........american supports Isreal far more than any arab country.....companies like Sara Lee and Coca Cola (Owned by jews) support Israels economy...... beside these there are claims that apparently the US government pays sum or all of the university fee associated with educating jews......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    LOL! I hope you're not implying American support to Arab states is the same as support to Israel.
    No of course I don't wish to imply that as it is clearly not true. Just making the point that it is ridiculous to suggest students should be charged different university fees relative to whether their home country's government receives financial support from the US. Its such a ridiculous, unfair and absurd suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    No of course I don't wish to imply that as it is clearly not true. Just making the point that it is ridiculous to suggest students should be charged different university fees relative to whether their home country's government receives financial support from the US. Its such a ridiculous, unfair and absurd suggestion.

Especially since a lot of Jews have never been to Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Especially since a lot of Jews have never been to Israel.
    Precisely. Their are even Jewish groups who do not endorse Zionism as a concept. Whoever said that the US government funds Jews through their education must be seriously deluded. There are a number of Jewish students in college and they certainly don't receive funding from any government. This sounds like yet another ridiculous conspiracy theory to me.

ReputationRep:
    OH FFS!!!!

We are all human beings - yes we have different beliefs from each other, look differently, talk differently, are different colours, but we are all humans - what the f**k does it matter? Can't everyone just get along?

Sorry but I am in a bad mood and people like this p**s me off!

ReputationRep:
    Why??? What have I done? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Why??? What have I done? :confused:

No not you

Just talking about that guy who keeps going on about Jews and was implying that they should have to pay more to go to university.

ReputationRep:
    I figured out that believing in pigmentation and sunburn makes you racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    :confused:

What???

BTW have you heard anything from Cam yet???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    That is very interesting now please go away.

ReputationRep:
    2 entries found for racism.
    rac·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rszm)
    n.
    The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Differences in pigmentation between races means differences in character when confronted by the sun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    2 entries found for racism.
    rac·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rszm)
    n.
    The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Differences in pigmentation between races means differences in character when confronted by the sun!
    are you mentally deficient?

ReputationRep:
    It does say differences in 'human character' which implies that racists believe differences of ethnicity can account for different behaviour or mindset. It doesn't mean physical character.

OED says:

RACISM: 1. The belief that there are characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to each race.
    2. discrimination against or antagonism towards other races.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.