Turn on thread page Beta

Eating Tips(thread) [WARNING: potential trigger material for ED sufferers] watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    every post you've ever posted seems to be with the intent of arguing.
    I'm not arguing, I'm pointing out what you've said wrong, that way, you can hopefully be inspired to research the topic so that you're not misinforming people with incorrect info, thats all.

ReputationRep:
    And guess what, negative calories are complete *******s.

You can make your whole diet "negative calories", by eating less than you burn!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    And guess what, negative calories are complete *******s.

You can make your whole diet "negative calories", by eating less than you burn!

oh woot another victory for you i'm so damn happy
    please just leave me alone i'm not up to this right now

ReputationRep:
    With fasting you might end up with Gallstones.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not arguing, I'm pointing out what you've said wrong, that way, you can hopefully be inspired to research the topic so that you're not misinforming people with incorrect info, thats all.
    Yes i have researched and nothing i said was false. You're one condescending silly narb indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously didn't look hard enough then.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously didn't look hard enough then.
    Jeez. you must have some gaping hole in your life that you feel you need to make up for it in this way. I can't be bothered with you

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, a big gaping hole, I take it you're some sort of personality anaylst as well as a dietitian?

ReputationRep:
    there's probably plenty of bad advice here as well as good advice, Id just like to add that an apple IS around 100 or more calories, depending on the size it can be maybe 130 calories, same as a banana which could be upto 150 calories again, mostly from sugar.

Not hard to do a bit of research before you try to tell someone they're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, a big gaping hole, I take it you're some sort of personality anaylst as well as a dietitian?
    Yes, because i said all along i was a dietician. I think you're the one who seems to think he's a doctor.

This is the last thing i will say to you - I have no doubt that you try and give good advice. BUT - i'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it much more if you did it in a way that was constructive and not patronising, mean and condescending. I would listen to your comments and take heed if i thought they were meant with good will but as it is, i give up reading them.
    Say whatever you will to this as i shan't be replying to you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored of reading about apples. Let's decide that each person who is bothered about the calories in their apples can go and weigh them and google for the calories themselves, and then we can all talk about healthy eating tips again. Because, to be honest, I doubt that most people are overweight because they eat too much fruit and vegetables.

I thought I would share with you all that I have been eating porridge for breakfast, made with skimmed milk, for a while and it's such an ace breakfast. It's best in winter when it's cold, but it really fills you up and is totally good for you. Substantial, but not too calorific, and low in fat too. Raisins are a delicious addition too.

I am also loving extra-low-fat cream cheese (philadelphia or similar). You can use it in sauces in place of chedder cheese if you make lasagne and stuff, and it's way less fattening than if you use hard cheese like chedder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by covered farm wagon)
    I'm bored of reading about apples. Let's decide that each person who is bothered about the calories in their apples can go and weigh them and google for the calories themselves, and then we can all talk about healthy eating tips again. Because, to be honest, I doubt that most people are overweight because they eat too much fruit and vegetables.

I.
    apples are important:p: I love food /diet discussion it fills some emptiness inside me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    apples are important:p: I love food /diet discussion it fills some emptiness inside me
    Apples are indeed important! Only everyone here has different sized apples and it is getting confusing! I like diet discussions too (but not arguments about apple size so much) - how is your diet going? Mine is excellent, I lost three pounds this week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by covered farm wagon)
    Apples are indeed important! Only everyone here has different sized apples and it is getting confusing! I like diet discussions too (but not arguments about apple size so much) - how is your diet going? Mine is excellent, I lost three pounds this week!
    I don't know,it's fine with eating and stuff,but didn't weigh my self yet,I'm kinda scared I might haven't lose weight my scale sucks so I have to wait till my next fittness at the gym,so I'd know my apples can weigh 100 grams which contains about 50-80 cals,and it might weigh about 50.I think fruits are good and they help you to manage to control your creevings,after all a peach is better than a bag of chips

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 14, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.