Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It has to be some remains of a bug or something. Whatever it is, it mings.

ReputationRep:
    Did it say "may contain traces of alien flesh" on the carton?

Are you feeling ok today? :dong:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Did it say "may contain traces of alien flesh" on the carton?

Are you feeling ok today? :dong:
    heh, a bit better but still some stomach pains if not for the fact that I'm sick for the fact that it's utterly disgusting

I missed a day at work though as I didn't feel as good this morning

ReputationRep:
    congradulations u've discovered a new life form? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    that is GROSS.

seriously, it looks like something saw the end of it's life in your orange!

ReputationRep:
    ewwwwwwwwww
    sorry - not very helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponjavic)
    heh, a bit better but still some stomach pains if not for the fact that I'm sick for the fact that it's utterly disgusting

I missed a day at work though as I didn't feel as good this morning
    claim back the earnings lost!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)

Indeed, but claim that you earn 10x more than you actually do. That'll teach them to put dead things in cartons of juice.

ReputationRep:
    No idea if it's possible, I have no medical proof of being ill I only have the fact I called in sick to work... I'll await the company's respons though but yeah I should try get them back, not my fault

ReputationRep:
    :puke: :puke:
    This wins TSRs Most Disgusting Thing Award :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyncMaster_770)
    Indeed, but claim that you earn 10x more than you actually do. That'll teach them to put dead things in cartons of juice.
    now now theres no need to be greedy.

claim double time if you have to but 10x?! thats extortion!

ReputationRep:
    now now theres no need to be greedy.

claim double time if you have to but 10x?! thats extortion!
    The company should've thought of that before they tried to kill one of their customers with a dead animal organ/hidious piece of mould. Personally, i'd have no problem with screwing them over.

ReputationRep:
    The company should've thought of that before they tried to kill one of their customers with a dead animal organ/hidious piece of mould. Personally, i'd have no problem with screwing them over.

You lot make me laugh! The product was fine when it was first opened. He returned to it a few days later and something had grown in it. Simple as, as disgusting as it may seem and look and indeed be to experience that.

If you open a product such as juice and choose to refridgerate it and finish it later, you're exposed the product to all the pathogens in the air. Simple stats tell you that from time to time you're going to get environmental contaimination!

A law suit would not be successful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    You lot make me laugh! The product was fine when it was first opened. He returned to it a few days later and something had grown in it. Simple as, as disgusting as it may seem and look and indeed be to experience that.

If you open a product such as juice and choose to refridgerate it and finish it later, you're exposed the product to all the pathogens in the air. Simple stats tell you that from time to time you're going to get environmental contaimination!

A law suit would not be successful...
    Ah, but how do you know that it wasn't in there all along? He may have only noticed it at the end of the carton. Also, if you store the juice in accordance to the manufacturers' guidelines, and then mould grows in it, then i'd say that the fault lies with the producer, rather than the consumer. He kept it refridgerated and drunk it within the required time of opening, and before the BB date. I think it's more likely the juice was contaminated at time of packaging. There's no way that that much mould could grow so quickly in such a cold environment I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    i would just like to take this time to announce how much i like the word 'juice'.

mmm

juice. juicy. juice.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but how do you know that it wasn't in there all along? He may have only noticed it at the end of the carton. Also, if you store the juice in accordance to the manufacturers' guidelines, and then mould grows in it, then i'd say that the fault lies with the producer, rather than the consumer. He kept it refridgerated and drunk it within the required time of opening, and before the BB date. I think it's more likely the juice was contaminated at time of packaging. There's no way that that much mould could grow so quickly in such a cold environment I don't think.
    He said as much :rolleyes: He didn't notice it at the end of the carton - he swallowed bits nad then checked!

The problem with bringing a case is that you have to prove it wasn't there to begin with. Very difficult to do.

ReputationRep:
    Either way I still reckon he deserves compensation and has a case. Either it was contaminated at manufacture - so that's the company's fault. Or the mould grew after it was opened - that's also the company's fault if he stored it according to the guidelines. I'm not suggesting bringing a court case (that'd be a waste of time and resources), just suggesting that he should get all he can out of them, as it's clearly their problem, not his.

ReputationRep:
    Or the mould grew after it was opened - that's also the company's fault if he stored it according to the guidelines.
    How did you work that out? Unless he climed into the fridge, shut the door behind him and then opened it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    How did you work that out? Unless he climed into the fridge, shut the door behind him and then opened it
    Because there's no way that an air born bacteria could be cultured to form that amount of mould in such a short time, in a cold environment such as a fridge. The fault obviously lies at the point of manufacture/packaging.

ReputationRep:
    Because there's no way that an air born bacteria could be cultured to form that amount of mould in such a short time, in a cold environment such as a fridge.
    Having a microbial background, I would say it's yeast, not bacterial.

And it could - easily. Even at 4 degrees C...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.