Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    By default (I think) the "Only people in my allow list can see my status and send me messages" option in MSN Messenger 7 is checked rendering that block checker almost useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    By default (I think) the "Only people in my allow list can see my status and send me messages" option in MSN Messenger 7 is checked rendering that block checker almost useless.
    maybe so.

although there are other checkers...

ReputationRep:
    Most checkers run off the same principle, which MSN have now patched with that little feature.

Your stalking days are over, my friend..

ReputationRep:
    uh. Looks like im going to have to find more advance ways to track people on the net

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lirael Abhorsen)
    this 16 yr old keeps chatting me up (i'm 18) and he doesn't seem to realise i consider him a bit young for me, without having anything against going out with younger guys his chat up lines are scaring me ie. bit of msn convo
    have other people dealt with this situation? :cool:
    yeah and its freaky freaky, tell him to go home before his curfu or sumthing! its really freaky tho,

ReputationRep:
    I'd have told him to shove off and avoided speaking to him. He sounds like a right tosser, no offence intended if he isn't.

ReputationRep:
    this 16 yr old keeps chatting me up (i'm 18) and he doesn't seem to realise i consider him a bit young for me, without having anything against going out with younger guys his chat up lines are scaring me ie. bit of msn convo

Jack*says:
    i'll have to lock the condoms in a glove compartment or something
    Jack says:
    omg i have 99pstore condoms
    Jack says:
    lol
    Jack says:
    wanna try them out with me?

*changed his name as am paranoid
    are you sure he's actually chatting you up and not just messing around? it kind of sounds like it might be intended to be jokey.

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, I've never blocked anyone on MSN. The feature's for pussies, I tells ya! Best to fend them off manually.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see what difference if makes just cause he is 2 years younger than you, surely what he is like as a person is more important than the date on his birth certificate!
    Loads of girls go out with older guys but you dont get many lads going out with older gilrs? WHY NOT? whats the difference?

ReputationRep:
    well i guess guys are generally considered to be more immature and yes i don't judge people solely on their age..i think he is immature for his age though.. anyway i think he was just trying to freak me out think it was a joke.. there also is that stigma of toyboys etc, saying that a very good friend of mine is going out with a guy a year younger than her when she normally likes them 2 or 3 yrs older and they seem to get on well

ReputationRep:
    99p condom :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    yes he can be a little blunt at times.. i don't think he realises.. for instance the other day we were talking and i was like hi how are you and asked about his biking as he's very obsessed with that and he said " i don't want to talk about biking, can we just flirt please?"

ReputationRep:
    just before anyone says something...its not me!

ReputationRep:

Jack*says:
    i'll have to lock the condoms in a glove compartment or something
    Jack says:
    omg i have 99pstore condoms
    Jack says:
    lol
    Jack says:
    wanna try them out with me?

*changed his name as am paranoid
    hehe what a way to scare girls off!

Block him and delete

I did meet a 15-year-old who looks about 17 and is very tall and not bad-looking and very nice last week Anyway I think with your msn guy the problem is he sounds dodgey, more than the age!

ReputationRep:
    yes he can be a little blunt at times.. i don't think he realises.. for instance the other day we were talking and i was like hi how are you and asked about his biking as he's very obsessed with that and he said " i don't want to talk about biking, can we just flirt please?"
    Sounds like he just wants a bit of fun. Anyway safest thing - block and delete him it's what I'd do. I have a guy on msn who makes dodgey jokes etc which I dislike so I never talk to him. He's still on my list though cus he never bothers me anyway so it's not a problem. In fact Daz was like that (flirty) and then I found out he was a hacker so stopped talking to him. He's still on my list though cus he never bothers me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Sounds like he just wants a bit of fun.
    Think we all knew that :rolleyes: He probably thinks the bluntness is attractive.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: hahahahahaha at the original conversation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    Pfft, I've never blocked anyone on MSN. The feature's for pussies, I tells ya! Best to fend them off manually.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Well, really, I can think of any number of things that are more effective than blocking people. Plus, it annoys me having anyone in that 'blocked' list, just looks untidy :p:.

ReputationRep:
    lol Lirael Abhorsen! i've had a similar problem with a guy who likes bikes, although he also likes sheds. Casually tell him you prefer toilets.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.