Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OMG did any one see this???
    What a perfect ending to one of my fav comedys series.
    Im so glad everything turned out alright, i was dreding David would mess up his date, im so glad he when he told Finchy to F*ck off.

Dawn and Tim finally getting together, YASSSSS!!

Hopefully Gervaise will bring is back for another series!!!

ReputationRep:
    In a way I don't wanna see anymore. I'd like to remember The Office as it was in its prime. If it goes on and one, which I doubt it will, it'll only go downhill. Best remember it for being one of the best comedies ever!

ReputationRep:
    Ive only seen one or two of the office programs in the past alas so dont have that much knowledge on it but i did watch this one and fair play it was darned good :]
    Thumbs up :]

ReputationRep:
    It was good but i didnt expect such a happy ending, i thought they would go for someting a bit darker in nature

ReputationRep:
    It's good that they've ended it now so it stays immortal like Fawlty Towers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    the states managed to ruin coupling, they manage to ruin everything they get their hands on (italian job etc)
    Don't get me started on the US Italian Job...

Why can't they just show it in America as it is? There must be some Americans with a British (ie good) sense of humour who'll enjoy it. I believe the American version will focus less on the Brent character and more on the romantic theme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    It's good that they've ended it now so it stays immortal like Fawlty Towers.
    Good ole 'Farty Towels' Love it!

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me started on the US Italian Job...

Why can't they just show it in America as it is? There must be some Americans with a British (ie good) sense of humour who'll enjoy it. I believe the American version will focus less on the Brent character and more on the romantic theme.
    Some being the operative word. American's just don't have the knack for understanding British humour. I agree fully about the US Italian Job and I've only seen the preview. Must watch it when it comes to DVD though. I loved the original. It was a brilliant concept, introduced a new take on the 'car chase' that has yet to be equalled. Oh and that song, still can't get it out of my head and I haven't seen it in at least 5 years. "This is the south (is it preservation?) society... repeat repeat repeat etc" Top stuff! But the yanks had to change it to their materialistic views just so that people would watch it and recommend it to their friends. Thus make a bit of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Some being the operative word. American's just don't have the knack for understanding British humour. I agree fully about the US Italian Job and I've only seen the preview. Must watch it when it comes to DVD though. I loved the original. It was a brilliant concept, introduced a new take on the 'car chase' that has yet to be equalled. Oh and that song, still can't get it out of my head and I haven't seen it in at least 5 years. "This is the south (is it preservation?) society... repeat repeat repeat etc" Top stuff! But the yanks had to change it to their materialistic views just so that people would watch it and recommend it to their friends. Thus make a bit of money.
    Self-preservation society.

I know the Americans don't like losers like Brent but then maybe they should come up with a decent comedy of their own for a change instead of making crap versions of ours.

ReputationRep:
    Self-preservation society.

I know the Americans don't like losers like Brent but then maybe they should come up with a decent comedy of their own for a change instead of making crap versions of ours.
    Yanks just can't do it. There is something in the way they are bred that leaves them falling short in most departments. Someone once told me something that is a little patriotic. British people can't always understand American humour, and American's can rarely understand British humour. Australian's lap it all up and add their own unique style that few British and even fewer American's can even understand. It seems to ring true in a fair few instances. American's are for the most part limited, and have to dull most things down a shade or two in order to sell it to their general public. Sad really, but one of those things. Did you know that the American Military has almost convinced itself that they won the Vietnam War??? True. They lost convincingly, and went home to lick their wounds. Now it is a tactical withdrawal because the public just can't understand the concept of a lesser power beating them away. *sighs* Yanks! Wouldn't give ya tuppence for the lot of em. "goin straight to the pool room" hehe thought I'd add that. Does anyone here understand the dry/bland form of humour that is distinctly Australian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Yanks just can't do it. There is something in the way they are bred that leaves them falling short in most departments. Someone once told me something that is a little patriotic. British people can't always understand American humour, and American's can rarely understand British humour. Australian's lap it all up and add their own unique style that few British and even fewer American's can even understand. It seems to ring true in a fair few instances. American's are for the most part limited, and have to dull most things down a shade or two in order to sell it to their general public. Sad really, but one of those things. Did you know that the American Military has almost convinced itself that they won the Vietnam War??? True. They lost convincingly, and went home to lick their wounds. Now it is a tactical withdrawal because the public just can't understand the concept of a lesser power beating them away. *sighs* Yanks! Wouldn't give ya tuppence for the lot of em. "goin straight to the pool room" hehe thought I'd add that. Does anyone here understand the dry/bland form of humour that is distinctly Australian?
    It's not that we don't understand American humour, it just seems very simple and below us. That's not meant to sound arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that we don't understand American humour, it just seems very simple and below us. That's not meant to sound arrogant.
    That make more sense actually.

ReputationRep:
    heh i will do an in-depth study of american humour during my six months there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    heh i will do an in-depth study of american humour during my six months there
    As well as the indepth study of Girl's physique...Don't forget to take a lot of pics! (of girls)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    As well as the indepth study of Girl's physique...Don't forget to take a lot of pics! (of girls)
    will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George-W-Duck)
    It was good but i didnt expect such a happy ending, i thought they would go for someting a bit darker in nature
    I did too, but I'm so glad they didn't! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    JEEZ! at last, the final one! i must be like the only person on the planet who didnt like the office... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    JEEZ! at last, the final one! i must be like the only person on the planet who didnt like the office... :confused:
    Well I disliked some of it, cause it was sometimes boring. But there are good epsiodes in it as well.

ReputationRep:
    Gervais has unequivocally stated that there will be no more episodes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Gervais has unequivocally stated that there will be no more episodes.
    In the UK at least, who said anything about the US? Where there is a cult following! So noone would really complain if somehow the DVDs suddenly come back from the US...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.