Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you want to see Lord Of Rings 3 book in advance, today I sold 220 tickets for it within 10 mins making 5 showings sold out (the rest of the tickets were pre-sold) so people arriving at 2:00 to see the 2:30 or 3:00 showing were disappointed to find that the earliest they could see it was 9:00 or 10:30...so do yourself a favour grab your parents credit card and book early!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    If you want to see Lord Of Rings 3 book in advance, today I sold 220 tickets for it within 10 mins making 5 showings sold out (the rest of the tickets were pre-sold) so people arriving at 2:00 to see the 2:30 or 3:00 showing were disappointed to find that the earliest they could see it was 9:00 or 10:30...so do yourself a favour grab your parents credit card and book early!
    Whoa, theyre selling like mad even now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Whoa, theyre selling like mad even now?
    oh yeah

ReputationRep:
    think i'll just get the extended version on dvd, was a little dissappointed with the "basic" LoTR films, didnt really do the books justice, the extended didnt either but is miles better.

ReputationRep:
    Eh? I don't think so...

I went last week and got great seats and my parents went yesterday arriving a min before the film started and they did too. But that's at Odeon..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    oh yeah
    Were they selling this fast in the first week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    think i'll just get the extended version on dvd, was a little dissappointed with the "basic" LoTR films, didnt really do the books justice, the extended didnt either but is miles better.
    The three and a half hours that is the last film isn't long enough for you? :rolleyes: Mind, I haven't read the books, so can't comment.

ReputationRep:
    i've already been to see it. i went with my mates and we were the only people there in our age group. everyone else was board looking parents taking their kids. So we were cheering and slauting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Were they selling this fast in the first week?
    nope.....faster

so seriously book early!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think that merry and pippin were high at the beginning? I believe that they are total stoners.

Pipeweed.... I ask you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    The three and a half hours that is the last film isn't long enough for you? :rolleyes: Mind, I haven't read the books, so can't comment.
    NO! lol, when i saw the two towers i kept annoying my friend next to me by saying stuff like
    " hey they left out such and such"

the wost was in the Fellowship when it took about 10minutes for them to leave the shire and go to the prancing pony :cool:

in the book it took quite a while

ReputationRep:
    NO! lol, when i saw the two towers i kept annoying my friend next to me by saying stuff like
    " hey they left out such and such"

the worst was in the Fellowship when it took about 10minutes for them to leave the shire and go to the prancing pony :cool:

in the book it took quite a while
    edit* like meeting strange singing guy Tom something in the forest, explains some important stuff which was missed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayzd)
    Does anyone else think that merry and pippin were high at the beginning? I believe that they are total stoners.

Pipeweed.... I ask you?
    LOL!!!

Yes, you should read the book, its even more funny!

ReputationRep:
    i have read the books... i was just a bit younger then. perhaps in my sweet and innocent state i didn't notice the allusions.

However....

Which do you think was more homoerotic? The books or the films?

ReputationRep:
    homoerotic?!!??
    neither? do you have the right word :confused:

ReputationRep:
    edit* like meeting strange singing guy Tom something in the forest, explains some important stuff which was missed
    that was the only major part missed out of the Fellowship. and Peter did say in an interveiw that he was upset about missing him out.

ReputationRep:
    i guess if he (peter jackson) actually had his complete own way the films would be incredibly long including literally everything.

The Two Towers extended vers. has some really nice touches to it which make it more than a fantasy book, but the tellings of the war.

ie: The King losing his son

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.