Kingston art foundation interview Watch

hollygable
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Helloo, just wondering if anybody has had their interview at Kingston for the Art and Design foundation and if so what sort of questions they ask?

Thank you!!
chessa50
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Same! Mines this Wed and I don't really know what to expect.
hollygable
Rep:
?
mine's this wednesday too! My friend from college has hers then aswell, so we're traveling up together.. Don't know if we'll be in the same group or what! I know it's pretty casual, so not too worried, just wanted to have an idea about the questions they ask...
missdevotional
Report 9 years ago
Basically they'll ask you to go through your portfolio and they'll ask you about certain work in your portfolio, like... what the piece is about, what artists inspired you... and then they'll ask you why you want to go to Kingston, what school you're currently at/what subjects you're studying... what you want to do in the future (degree wise, what you expect out of the foundation course...) It is fairly casual... they'll be two tutors (the head of foundation... Paul... something, and another tutor) and about 10 students altogether.
It'll last about an hour~
you can bring additional work if you want. one girl in my group brought a big canvas~ but it's not that important to - only about 5 mins on each student, so there isnt much time.

Also, if you havent gone to the open day, pretend you have.
Kingston dont seem to like it when you havent visited on an open day, my art teacher told me this and made me go to an open day before i applied XD
and one guy in the interview said he didnt visit because he didnt have time and the head of foundation replied "There were 10 of them." seemed a bit unimpressed lol.

I hope I helped!
I had an interview at kingston last Tuesday but got rejected by post on Friday lol, I wasnt surprised though, as soon as I finished talking I knew I didn't get it.
Remember, they interview 300 students and only take on about 120 students (or something like that..) so don't be too disappointed if you don't get it.

Good luck!!!
chessa50
Report 9 years ago
You never know i might see you on wed

Thank you missdevotional that's so helpful!
loll do they ask anything about open days then?
hellocuppycake
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good luck guys I'm abroad so I had to send in my portfolio by CD, and if I get called in for an interview it will be on the phone, that is so scary because I won't be able to see their reactions etc, im so freaked out!
hollygable
Rep:
?
Thank you so much! So helpful!
caramelbear28
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hi! i had my interview on wednesday, and found out today i didnt get in, but am put on a reserve list, is anyone else??
hollygable
Rep:
?
I didn't get in either! Going to Bournemouth. x
caramelbear28
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
lol my friend went there! its awesome! **** kingston en :P lolll! thier loss! loll! x
hollygable
Rep:
?
yep screw them If they don't want us we don't want them! x
hellocuppycake
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
mines in 50 minutes... by phone. arghh freaking out i heard phone interviews are realllly hard compared to one-to-ones
Halior
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ugh... I got invited for 21 March, but I do not live in the UK and it is currently hard for me to travel there.... Do you think they will allow me to do a phone interview?
Seaton
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Halior)
Ugh... I got invited for 21 March, but I do not live in the UK and it is currently hard for me to travel there.... Do you think they will allow me to do a phone interview?
Hi :hi:

Yes, a number of students have conducted their interviews over Skype and Google +, just ask the uni and I am sure they will take steps to accommodate you.
FinnLivingstone
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yo what d'you have to wear to the interview, is it all casual or suited n booted
Jinete
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just got an email today that I won't be getting an interview which sucks.
lsadiaal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiyaa, i have got an invitation for an interview and I'm FREAKING OUT. i'm a graphics student and all i saw on the videos for portfolio are all about life drawings and fine art pieces. ANY ADVISES?!
Anna_Art
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lsadiaal)
Hiyaa, i have got an invitation for an interview and I'm FREAKING OUT. i'm a graphics student and all i saw on the videos for portfolio are all about life drawings and fine art pieces. ANY ADVISES?!
Well done! Some really talented people in my art class didn't get an interview, they seem to be very choosy this year.
I'm sure they will be understanding if most of your work is graphics (since ur a graphics student), you got an interview so they must have seen lots of potential in you.
If you're short of time, you could just fill notebooks with ideas and your interests outside graphics? like general arty stuff, they seem to like that kinda thing b/c it shows your enthusiasm and thought processes...
idk what you do in graphics, but if it is mostly computer based then a few observational drawings would be good??
idk, I got an interview too, so happy, but still so much I need to do !!
HolyWorship
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm still waiting to hear anything and not sure if that is a bad thing or a good thing!!!

My surname is at the end of the alphabet so hoping they do it alphabetically!!!!! Trying to keep calm!
lsadiaal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you for the reply! yes that's exactly what i was thinking. I have been building up sketchbooks with drawings and ideas and hopefully it will be okay... When is your interview?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.12%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (390)
56.93%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.01%

Watched Threads