Turn on thread page Beta

washing machine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    is it bad to put to much in the washing machine? cos i wanna wash my duvet and ive got it in but cos the door glass goes in the machine when i close it and open it, it kinda burts open. so i dont wanna risk it. but i wanna wash my duvet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    is it bad to put to much in the washing machine? cos i wanna wash my duvet and ive got it in but cos the door glass goes in the machine when i close it and open it, it kinda burts open. so i dont wanna risk it. but i wanna wash my duvet
    It probably won't wah very well and if you overfill it it can throw itself around somewhat. Centre of gravity and all that malarkey. But if its a single duvet you seem to have little choice. Unless you find a bigger washing machine. Remembering also you have to have enough room to get the water in there.

Usual advice is half to 3/4 full I believe

and hello GG btw :hello:

ReputationRep:
    Just add some seltzer tablets directly into the drum, should make things fine and dandy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    It probably won't wah very well and if you overfill it it can throw itself around somewhat. Centre of gravity and all that malarkey. But if its a single duvet you seem to have little choice. Unless you find a bigger washing machine. Remembering also you have to have enough room to get the water in there.

Usual advice is half to 3/4 full I believe

and hello GG btw :hello:
    hiya! :hello: ok i think im just gonna shake it in the garden or something, cos it is pretty full. its a double duvet so i wont bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    hiya! :hello: ok i think im just gonna shake it in the garden or something, cos it is pretty full. its a double duvet so i wont bother.
    If you were feeling particularly energetic you could handwash it

ReputationRep:
    My washing machine rips stuff if u put too much in

The only home machine you could really wash a duvet in is the Dyson ones because they're huge. Otherwise, bag it up and take it down the launderette and they can wash them there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    If you were feeling particularly energetic you could handwash it
    :toofunny:

(Original post by Kingspharm)
    My washing machine rips stuff if u put too much in

The only home machine you could really wash a duvet in is the Dyson ones because they're huge. Otherwise, bag it up and take it down the launderette and they can wash them there.
    nah i cant be botherd with that, lol. well i shook it out in the garden and that made alot of diffrence.

ReputationRep:
    Enough people have said this now but you should always leave space in a washing machine (and should check the filter frequently, there's a tip of the day). My Dad fixes them and talks about them non stop, so I seem to be drawn to washing machine problems.

ReputationRep:
    With a duvet, a lot of it is air so it will shrink considerably when it's wet. Unless you're particularly sentimental about your duvet and would kill yourself if something went wrong, I'd risk it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super Villain)
    Enough people have said this now but you should always leave space in a washing machine (and should check the filter frequently, there's a tip of the day). My Dad fixes them and talks about them non stop, so I seem to be drawn to washing machine problems.
    filter? :confused: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The filter is bottom right on the front of the machine, you can open a little panel and pull out anything thats been caught in there. Blocked filters cause the early death of more machines than you'd think, just because people don't check them or realise how easy it is to fix!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super Villain)
    The filter is bottom right on the front of the machine, you can open a little panel and pull out anything thats been caught in there. Blocked filters cause the early death of more machines than you'd think, just because people don't check them or realise how easy it is to fix!
    we dont have one, its just a panel at the bottom

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.