Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    Dude you are aware that the very essence of Crohns IS that it is a remitting disease. IT comes and goes - THATS WHAT IT DOES.

now it may be that cayenne pepper is good at putting it into remission, or it may not be. but i assure you, it will be back.
    I thought it was a genetic disease... how the hell does that work then if it comes and goes? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    Dude you are aware that the very essence of Crohns IS that it is a remitting disease. IT comes and goes - THATS WHAT IT DOES.

now it may be that cayenne pepper is good at putting it into remission, or it may not be. but i assure you, it will be back.
    I could stop the slippery elm today and tomorrow it will be bleeding profusely. I know because I have done so several times. Every single time I have stopped over the part 2 years, the blood starts the next day. I tried it, it works, that's all the proof I need. I've been in remission a year now.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about this whole "natural/alternative" treatment thing, but I can definitely say that most of our diseases come from bad diet. My friend's father lived in Ireland, and around seven years ago was diagnosed with cancer w/less than three months to live. He refused all the chemo/radiation treatments, and instead set about to completely chagning his diet. He ate at least half a cup of Cabbage a day and drank lots of water. He pulled out processed food and also started on something called the "Budwig" diet. Needless to say, he has lived a very happy healthy and cancer-free life. Anyone know about this "Budwig" diet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    I could stop the slippery elm today and tomorrow it will be bleeding profusely. I know because I have done so several times. Every single time I have stopped over the part 2 years, the blood starts the next day. I tried it, it works, that's all the proof I need. I've been in remission a year now.
    Have you heard about the SCD diet? I know a girl in my school who has controlled her Chrohn's after reading following this diet. When I was thought to have Crohns/UC, she lent me the book from which her diet came. The diet was developed in the 1950's by an MD, who later died. I forget what it is called, but it was something like "Breaking the vicious cycle." Do you know anything about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    do you have any idea how much conventional medicine is based entirely along traditional practice rather than evidence based medicine... :confused:

some of the stuff given/done to people has utterly no value but is still done anyway just so as to provide the appearance of doing something.
    Do read up and see my previous posts in this thread. Damn, sometimes I feel like I'm in an echo-chamber of stupidity.

(Original post by tommorris)
    Do read up and see my previous posts in this thread. Damn, sometimes I feel like I'm in an echo-chamber of stupidity.
    I wish i was as clever as you.
    I also wish i wasn't waist deep in revision for my clinical medicine exams so i could have time time to read through all thee long posts.

Can't have it all i suppose
    :rolleyes:

(Original post by Revenged)
    I thought it was a genetic disease... how the hell does that work then if it comes and goes? :confused:
    whoever told you it was agenetic disease was tlaking out their bum.
    sure it has a genetiic compnent - it runs in families a bit - if your brother has it then you have a 15% chance of getting it.

But the main causes are unknown. Some think it might be paratuberculosis from milk products. But there are loads of theories from MMR to too clean a house.

Funny enough smoking makes it worse, whereas in UC (ulcerative colitis) smoking actually improves it.

ReputationRep:
    Well I must say I'm all for conventional medicine. I'm not to sure what "natural" way I could have had my dental implants done and was very glad for whatever it was they gave me to put me to sleep.

I don't think titanium just appears in your jaw if you eat any special diet. Although it probably is a factor in chronic disease, a good diet would do no harm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revenged)
    Please, this is rubbish!

People have claimed they have be cured by jesus, cured by witch doctors, cured by the sky being blue, cured by any rubbish... it doesnt mean any of it is true. It, at best, is just the placebo effect where people feel better by taking something.

People just manipulate vunerable people and exploit people when they are chronically ill saying they have a cure that you can have for only 3 million dollars! It's horrific and never works!

If chronic diseases could be treated by tree bark and other rubbish it would have been part of conventional evidence based medicines a long time ago. Alas it hasn't and AIDS, cystic fibrosis and countless other chronic diseases are still here despite claimed cures! There are NO cures now!
    I was sick and tired of my doctors and their purinethol, mesolamine, prednisone, and other drugs that did absolutely nothing.

Jamie seems to think it comes and goes. Someone should tell my body that because for TEN YEARS it never went into remission despite the doctors throwing everything but the kitchen sink at it.

If you want to think it's "rubbish", as you brits say, then go ahead and call it rubbish. I don't care. I'm not selling anything you don't want to buy. I'm just telling you what worked for me. I saw an interesting debate going on and had a story to share. I love how people who have no clue about my situation are telling me it didn't work. If it didn't work, I wouldn't even be on this forum because I'd be too sick to even handle typing to you.

I was sick and tired of my doctors and their purinethol, mesolamine, prednisone, and other drugs that did absolutely nothing.

Jamie seems to think it comes and goes. Someone should tell my body that because for TEN YEARS it never went into remission despite the doctors throwing everything but the kitchen sink at it.

If you want to think it's "rubbish", as you brits say, then go ahead and call it rubbish. I don't care. I'm not selling anything you don't want to buy. I'm just telling you what worked for me. I saw an interesting debate going on and had a story to share. I love how people who have no clue about my situation are telling me it didn't work. If it didn't work, I wouldn't even be on this forum because I'd be too sick to even handle typing to you.
    you really have crohns quite bad huh? i had a friend who came down with it when he was 15. utterly destroyed the guy until it got pushed into remission by steroids course.

its simple variation, i don't doubt it probablary works for you - whether it be a true effect, a placebo, or simply working thougha bizarre mechanism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    Have you heard about the SCD diet? I know a girl in my school who has controlled her Chrohn's after reading following this diet. When I was thought to have Crohns/UC, she lent me the book from which her diet came. The diet was developed in the 1950's by an MD, who later died. I forget what it is called, but it was something like "Breaking the vicious cycle." Do you know anything about this?
    Was it physician heal thyself? I bought that book, but didn't think I could stick to such a strict diet. There are some people like me where it rages out of control and doesn't respond to any medication or ever go into remission, but I do respond very well to food (if you can call tree bark food) that I put in my body. For me, slippery elm bark is a godsend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    you really have crohns quite bad huh? i had a friend who came down with it when he was 15. utterly destroyed the guy until it got pushed into remission by steroids course.

its simple variation, i don't doubt it probablary works for you - whether it be a true effect, a placebo, or simply working thougha bizarre mechanism.
    They were probably giving your friend prednisone. That worked for me for a little while, but that is such a destructive drug. You can't stay on it for long periods of time and as soon as I'd get off it, the bleeding would start up again.

I'm just glad it's not an issue for me anymore. I can help your friend, so if he is interested, send me a PM. My doc has many patients that have gone into remission taking the same stuff I have taken so I can show him what to buy. Most of the stuff is available on ebay.

Good thing it's a thing of the past, eh Jamie? Can you imagine how boring this forum would be without my right-wing politics?

They were probably giving your friend prednisone. That worked for me for a little while, but that is such a destructive drug. You can't stay on it for long periods of time and as soon as I'd get off it, the bleeding would start up again.

I'm just glad it's not an issue for me anymore. I can help your friend, so if he is interested, send me a PM. My doc has many patients that have gone into remission taking the same stuff I have taken so I can show him what to buy. Most of the stuff is available on ebay.

Good thing it's a thing of the past, eh Jamie? Can you imagine how boring this forum would be without my right-wing politics?
    [i know its prednsione....medic remember :p:]

You've been replaced by mcuh greater evils these days. i was once under the illusion that a republican was about as bad as you can get, but my opinion has changed with the wave of 'white pride' (read supremisist IMO) members
    i seriously hope this place doesn't reflect real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    [i know its prednsione....medic remember :p:]

You've been replaced by mcuh greater evils these days. i was once under the illusion that a republican was about as bad as you can get, but my opinion has changed with the wave of 'white pride' (read supremisist IMO) members
    i seriously hope this place doesn't reflect real life.
    Right-wing here is very different from the supremisists in Europe. That's why I get so frustrated with the British press and their coverage of American politics. They don't seem to understand that the right here is a completely different animal than the what they have back at home. Being racist, if you are a US politician, makes you are completely unelectable. Republicans and democrats want minorities to vote for them, so they are both always trying to kiss up to them. Our politicians can't even be trusted to fix our porous borders despite the security threat it poses because they are afraid of being called racist. The political correctness would be funny if it wasn't so dangerous.

Getting back to the topic of this thread, I am very unhealthy, I suppose, but I'm not a hypocrite. I never asked for any kind of handout, even though my condition is severe enough to qualify me for collecting disability from the American taxpayers. I really could sit home all my life and do nothing, but I choose not to.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.