Turn on thread page Beta

World Idol : Who do you want to win? watch

ReputationRep:
    I want Kelly Clarkson - always was a fan, still am.

ReputationRep:
    Will i guess, but i caught the last bit of the Norweigen entry, the blonde guy singing beautiful day, if not Will then him

ReputationRep:
    Is this Miss World or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Is this Miss World or something?
    Nah, the pop idols from around the world are competing.

The guy from South Africa was HOT and good at singing....wow....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    I want Kelly Clarkson - always was a fan, still am.
    Kelly or will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tribi18)
    Kelly or will
    I want the Belgian bloke who sings rock songs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Col-C)
    I want the Belgian bloke who sings rock songs
    last guy who did beautiful day - that was the best - he will win.

"its a beautiful daaaaaaaaaay..............dont let it get away....."

always a favourite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOOLZ_ROOOLZZ!!)
    last guy who did beautiful day - that was the best - he will win.

"its a beautiful daaaaaaaaaay..............dont let it get away....."

always a favourite.
    Yeah I thought Kurt was best as well (I admitt I might be biased - didn't follow the Norwegian Idol though, so this was the first time I heard him sing). Funny how all the judges said that he had the best voice but the worst look and therfore wouldn't make it other than on the radio.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't watch it but Will Young should win. I'm not being bias in any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Didn't watch it but Will Young should win. I'm not being bias in any way.
    Was that the guy who did a remix of the Doors' "light my fire"? It was horrible (compared to the original)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Was that the guy who did a remix of the Doors' "light my fire"? It was horrible (compared to the original)!
    Like I said, I didn't watch it, but he's the English one. He's very talented.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, I didn't watch it, but he's the English one. He's very talented.
    Yes, that might be true but Jim Morrison would turn over in his grave :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Yes, that might be true but Jim Morrison would turn over in his grave :mad:
    Nah. He did a good cover of it.

ReputationRep:
    Nah. He did a good cover of it.
    You can't even call it a cover version. It was a remix. A slaughter, really.

ReputationRep:
    will, or kelyl clarkson, or the norweigen man they said lookd like a hobbit, or that australian bloke, he was fantastic

ReputationRep:
    I have never seen the show and I hope that all they lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    I have never seen the show and I hope that all they lose.
    They will all lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    You can't even call it a cover version. It was a remix. A slaughter, really.
    But he did make a cover of it. He released that record.

ReputationRep:
    I saw the show and thought the following:

German Bloke - Terrible, like he was on speed or something.

Australian Guy - Love the Willie Mason (Aurstalian Rugby League player) hair. Missed most of his song as I was on the phone. Seemed like a good singer but it was a questionable arrangment of Wonderful World.

Asian Girl - Great voice however sadly we all know that she will not appeal to a "Western" audience.

The Guy Who Sang "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" - Fine but nothing special.

South Africa - As above

Poland - Looked like a mouse on Steroids. Very powerful voice that was not suited to the song, if this is the best they have then I feel sorry for them.

Belgian Guy Singing Nirvana - 10/10 to this guy for being original but he is never going to win.

Kelly Clarkson - Looks like she is trying to emulate Alecia Keys. Good singer but hardly original.

Will Young - Decent singer with good image. Fine, but hardly worthy of the title "World Idol".

Norwegian Entry - Probably the only one I really liked. He would be a worthy winner despite not being too great in the image department.

Overall Summary -

I thought that the standard accross the board was average at best. With the exception of two people this was little more than an International karaoke contest.

Shows like this are short lived and are just designed to generate cash for Simon Fuller and Simon Cowell, the participants are often propelled into short lived "stardom" so fast that they cope and with the exception of the winners it usually all ends in tears. Can anyone even remember who was in Hearsay?

I used to know Pippa Fulton (who?) before she was in Fame Academy as she was a friend of an ex-girlfriend (if that makes any sense). She released a cover of Aerosmiths "Dont wanna miss a thing" that didnt even chart and also did a couple of half time slots at Hull City.

To the best of my knowledge she is now back in "normal" society with her dream fully in ruins.

Shame really, but this is what people should expect when they sign up to this type of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Poland - Looked like a mouse on Steroids. Very powerful voice that was not suited to the song, if this is the best they have then I feel sorry for them.
    LOL!!! That is an apt description.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.