The Student Room Group

What to do on the Aug bank holiday weekend?

Well, since we have the Aug bank holiday coming up in a few weeks, does anyone have any suggestions about what me and the family can do together(we've done the theme park and overnight trips to france/channel islands thing to last us a lifetime so not that!)?
Needs to be family orientated ish, but not for kiddies as my younger bro is 16, so none of of us are babies anymore :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well, I'll be working. :hmpf:
Reply 2
me too...working
Reply 3
camping.
Thats what my family are trying to get me to do this year.
Reply 4
A day at the racing is fun. Drinking and gambling, what can be better!
Notting Hill?
Matthew Street Festival (http://www.mathewstreetfestival.com/main2005.htm ) if you're near liverpool?
Reply 6
BossLady
Well, since we have the Aug bank holiday coming up in a few weeks, does anyone have any suggestions about what me and the family can do together(we've done the theme park and overnight trips to france/channel islands thing to last us a lifetime so not that!)?
Needs to be family orientated ish, but not for kiddies as my younger bro is 16, so none of of us are babies anymore :wink:

How about paintballing?
Reply 7
It's my birthday :biggrin:
Reply 8
Daveo
It's my birthday :biggrin:

I know what I'm doing then!
Reply 9
blissy
I know what I'm doing then!

Gosh.. I can't possibly guess THAT!
Reply 10
Tell you what, Shrewsbury play Leyton Orient on Bank Holiday Monday. Tickets are £8-12 . Good quality bit of football for ya to enjoy - You know it makes sense...
Reply 11
Luize
camping.
Thats what my family are trying to get me to do this year.

Camping is actually a decent idea, but during D of E I had to "visit the loo" in the bushes in the night, whilst listening to creepy footsteps nearby, and now I'm a little scared!! Plus bugs! eww! Now if we could get a cheap, clean log cabin, with luxury bathroom, damn, that'd be the makings of a very good weekend holiday i think :biggrin:

I've just realised something, PQ mentioned Notting Hill...do you mean the carnival PQ? The problem with London in general over the weekend is that half the lines are always down or being extra slow. I suppose we could drive in, and there's no congestion charge yay, but not sure about the parking issue tbh.

Anyway keep the ideas coming ppl!
You can all celebrate my birthday :rolleyes: :p:
Reply 13
PinkPigeon
You can all celebrate my birthday :rolleyes: :p:
mine too :mad: :p:
Well Im off to watch the cricket at Trent Bridge
PQ
Notting Hill?
Matthew Street Festival (http://www.mathewstreetfestival.com/main2005.htm ) if you're near liverpool?

Ooh thanks for reminding me that the Matthew Street Festival is over the bank holiday weekend-I really didn't click on to that!! YAY bank holiday means no work and that means Matthew Street Festival fun :biggrin: Thanks for the reminder PQ:smile:
Reply 16
BossLady

"happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me" Roll on monday 29th!:birthday: Lol, finally ill be 18 and my driving licence will actually be useful. doesnt really help ur situation though...just rambling on here...u could have a culture day in london, Tate modern, National Gallery, British Museum or something.....

Yay Daveo, same day! lol
Becca
Well, I'll be working. :hmpf:

:ditto: :hmpf:
Reply 18
[QUOTE=NickNack Lol, finally ill be 18 and my driving licence will actually be useful.

But you can pass at 17! Why will it suddenly become useful at 18?
ID. go find a beach some place and just chill out?

I can't stand the matthew street festival. thank god i'm goin to manchest on the first day.

Latest

Trending

Trending