This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Sorry just in a random mood. I want a discussion before I go to bed.
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Sorry just in a random mood. I want a discussion before I go to bed.

There has been a thread about this before. I described it in biochemical terms if you can be bothered to find it (it is fairly recent, mind).
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmm, not sure really. I'll let you know if I ever find it.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I only once fell love and that was on the internet. I did never meet her in the end. And now the gravity has forced me right back to planet zog.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
love is not some all powerful entity, which can surpass anything, it is just another emotion with the purpose of ensuring the survival of the human race by encouraging sex and thus reproduction and survival of the species. It can be overcome by other emotions, such as greed or lust, to which everyone is vulnerable, just some more than others.
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its a tune by Haddaway. You can rob it off my website as long as you promise to delete it and not listen to it once you have downloaded it.

http://172.191.252.250/misc/Haddaway...0Is%20Love.mp3
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Love. Tis a thing of beauty, which you may never have the honour of seeing. Merely the aspects of the emotion. A thing that is shared between two creatures of a like mind. Love is falling asleep with a picturesque expression of adoration spread upon your face as you gaze over that special person beside you, and that warm smile formed by your mouth whence your eyes open to reveal the sight of the previous evening. Love is the force which drives us, love is the force which guides us, love is the be all and end all of us.

Just some rantings about a crazy little thing called love.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Love is...

not eating smelly food.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
Love is...

not eating smelly food.
touche`
DevilsDoor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Love. Tis a thing of beauty, which you may never have the honour of seeing. Merely the aspects of the emotion. A thing that is shared between two creatures of a like mind. Love is falling asleep with a picturesque expression of adoration spread upon your face as you gaze over that special person beside you, and that warm smile formed by your mouth whence your eyes open to reveal the sight of the previous evening. Love is the force which drives us, love is the force which guides us, love is the be all and end all of us.

Just some rantings about a crazy little thing called love.
Dont forget the sharing of mind, knowing what each other is thinking without a word being spoke, a bonding of heart, body and soul, yet dont also forget the difference between, being in love and loving someone or even being in love with the notion of being in love, when one finds true love, I doubt words will be able to describe the emotion or the feeling, love is defined by many things that people will use one word to explain them all. Love is, sharing, caring, being as one yet maintaining your own identity, love is giving, receiving, unconditional acts, doing without wanting in return, giving all and striving to give more. Love doesnt restrict itself to between 2 people in one relationship, but falls into many categories where loving someone combines any of the above, love just is.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DevilsDoor)
Dont forget the sharing of mind, knowing what each other is thinking without a word being spoke, a bonding of heart, body and soul, yet dont also forget the difference between, being in love and loving someone or even being in love with the notion of being in love, when one finds true love, I doubt words will be able to describe the emotion or the feeling, love is defined by many things that people will use one word to explain them all. Love is, sharing, caring, being as one yet maintaining your own identity, love is giving, receiving, unconditional acts, doing without wanting in return, giving all and striving to give more. Love doesnt restrict itself to between 2 people in one relationship, but falls into many categories where loving someone combines any of the above, love just is.
Something rather like that.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Love doesn't exist.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Love doesn't exist.
Romance is dead.
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Love is an anagram of vole.

I think it exists probably, just haven't experienced it first hand...
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Romance is dead.
Really? Some bitter experience maybe?
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
Love is an anagram of vole.

I think it exists probably, just haven't experienced it first hand...
No no, you're right, the vole does exist.

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.16%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (47)
13.58%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (128)
36.99%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (35)
10.12%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
5.49%

Watched Threads