This discussion is closed.
suiken86
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hey all im an international student and i would lik to ask which ranking the TIMES ONLINE or the SUNDAY TIMES is the more accurate one?

both of them seems to look similar but if u look carefully they're damn different !!!

thx :confused:
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suiken86)
hey all im an international student and i would lik to ask which ranking the TIMES ONLINE or the SUNDAY TIMES is the more accurate one?

both of them seems to look similar but if u look carefully they're damn different !!!

thx :confused:
sunday
Brown Patrick Bateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
sunday
Agreed.
nero076
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why is this? There seems to be little difference between the two.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nero076)
Why is this? There seems to be little difference between the two.
The criteria on which the tables are based is vastly different...

Suday Times - Based on relevant information that seems logical.
Times - Based on utter crap to allow them to fiddle with the tables to fit with thier own views.
caius
Report 16 years ago
The Sunday Times IS the Sunday Papers.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
definitely sunday. Or the guardian online league table is good simply because it allows you to work out your own list based on the criteria thats best for you. eg. if university reputation is most important for you, you can click on that and have them lined up in order of rep.
NEXTadamSMITH
Report 16 years ago
Sunday times.
btw guardians actual rankings are a joke, Bath below 20th if i remember correctly.
Not an admirer of bath but i think it deserves a bit more than that.
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
anyone got a url link to the sunday times rankings?
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emzie)
anyone got a url link to the sunday times rankings?
Here you go Emzie, http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,8403,00.html
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Both equally boring, I suggest The Sun.
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
They don't do niversity rankings :confused:
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Veedy)
They don't do niversity rankings :confused:
Haha, okay. The Guardian is a little better
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Haha, okay. The Guardian is a little better
I guess it depends on what criteria you regard as being most important. They can be wildly different. For example, when I was researching georaphy courses in September, I was looking at LSE for geography, the Times placed them at number 2 for the course, the Guardian placed them in 28th! Thats a difference of 26 places!
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The Sun us aimed at people with reading ages between 8 and 11. The sentences are deliberately short and monosyllabic to make it easier to read. It is also the most popular newspaper in this country, which gives a worrying refelction of the intelligence and education of most adults in this country.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
The Sun us aimed at people with reading ages between 8 and 11. The sentences are deliberately short and monosyllabic to make it easier to read. It is also the most popular newspaper in this country, which gives a worrying refelction of the intelligence and education of most adults in this country.
I was being a little sarcastic - I don't like that paper much either. But a lot of the times I'd rather read it than The Times, which is a boring paper which shows worryingly that some people have no life - where are those celeb. pictures?
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was being a little sarcastic - I don't like that paper much either. But a lot of the times I'd rather read it than The Times, which is a boring paper which shows worryingly that some people have no life - where are those celeb. pictures?
lol
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I suppose, though I think its popularity will decrease as our poulation ages
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What is sad is that people actually buy magazines just to look at pictures of celebrities - they are normal people! they are not interesting at all! At least The Times deals with issues that matter and actually have an impact on the world and at least its readers have more intelligence than a mentally deficient stag beetle!
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What is sad is that people actually buy magazines just to look at pictures of celebrities - they are normal people! they are not interesting at all! At least The Times deals with issues that matter and actually have an impact on the world and at least its readers have more intelligence than a mentally deficient stag beetle!
I agree. That said , it seems people can't have enough of these celebs. I've never heard of a celeb. reality show being used as the main prime time programme at the christmas period before ( posh & becks ITV)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (15)
8.47%
Confident (23)
12.99%
Indifferent (30)
16.95%
Unsure (50)
28.25%
Worried (59)
33.33%

Watched Threads