Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey all im an international student and i would lik to ask which ranking the TIMES ONLINE or the SUNDAY TIMES is the more accurate one?

both of them seems to look similar but if u look carefully they're damn different !!!

thx :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suiken86)
    hey all im an international student and i would lik to ask which ranking the TIMES ONLINE or the SUNDAY TIMES is the more accurate one?

both of them seems to look similar but if u look carefully they're damn different !!!

thx :confused:
    sunday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    sunday
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Why is this? There seems to be little difference between the two.

(Original post by nero076)
    Why is this? There seems to be little difference between the two.
    The criteria on which the tables are based is vastly different...

Suday Times - Based on relevant information that seems logical.
    Times - Based on utter crap to allow them to fiddle with the tables to fit with thier own views.

ReputationRep:
    The Sunday Times IS the Sunday Papers.

ReputationRep:
    definitely sunday. Or the guardian online league table is good simply because it allows you to work out your own list based on the criteria thats best for you. eg. if university reputation is most important for you, you can click on that and have them lined up in order of rep.

ReputationRep:
    Sunday times.
    btw guardians actual rankings are a joke, Bath below 20th if i remember correctly.
    Not an admirer of bath but i think it deserves a bit more than that.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got a url link to the sunday times rankings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    anyone got a url link to the sunday times rankings?
    Here you go Emzie, http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,8403,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Both equally boring, I suggest The Sun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    They don't do niversity rankings :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    They don't do niversity rankings :confused:
    Haha, okay. The Guardian is a little better

ReputationRep:
    Haha, okay. The Guardian is a little better
    I guess it depends on what criteria you regard as being most important. They can be wildly different. For example, when I was researching georaphy courses in September, I was looking at LSE for geography, the Times placed them at number 2 for the course, the Guardian placed them in 28th! Thats a difference of 26 places!

ReputationRep:
    The Sun us aimed at people with reading ages between 8 and 11. The sentences are deliberately short and monosyllabic to make it easier to read. It is also the most popular newspaper in this country, which gives a worrying refelction of the intelligence and education of most adults in this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    The Sun us aimed at people with reading ages between 8 and 11. The sentences are deliberately short and monosyllabic to make it easier to read. It is also the most popular newspaper in this country, which gives a worrying refelction of the intelligence and education of most adults in this country.
    I was being a little sarcastic - I don't like that paper much either. But a lot of the times I'd rather read it than The Times, which is a boring paper which shows worryingly that some people have no life - where are those celeb. pictures?

ReputationRep:
    I was being a little sarcastic - I don't like that paper much either. But a lot of the times I'd rather read it than The Times, which is a boring paper which shows worryingly that some people have no life - where are those celeb. pictures?
    lol

ReputationRep:
    I suppose, though I think its popularity will decrease as our poulation ages

ReputationRep:
    What is sad is that people actually buy magazines just to look at pictures of celebrities - they are normal people! they are not interesting at all! At least The Times deals with issues that matter and actually have an impact on the world and at least its readers have more intelligence than a mentally deficient stag beetle!

ReputationRep:
    What is sad is that people actually buy magazines just to look at pictures of celebrities - they are normal people! they are not interesting at all! At least The Times deals with issues that matter and actually have an impact on the world and at least its readers have more intelligence than a mentally deficient stag beetle!
    I agree. That said , it seems people can't have enough of these celebs. I've never heard of a celeb. reality show being used as the main prime time programme at the christmas period before ( posh & becks ITV)

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.