Turn on thread page Beta

Police brutality watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for beating, I love the way the BBC wrote this:

"A police officer allegedly captured on CCTV cameras kicking a handcuffed black man in Greater Manchester will not face criminal charges."

Naturally if this had been a white person it would've either not made the news or they wouldn't have written:

"A police officer allegedly captured on CCTV cameras kicking a handcuffed white man in Greater Manchester will not face criminal charges."

Pathetic really, trying to force the race card into the story. I think the police do a fantastic job I can't believe what I read in this thread with people saying anything else! Lets not forget what we have here, recently the Ukrainian PM had to dismiss all ten thousand odd of the countries traffic police because they just could not root out the corruption in the force. You know that if a policeman stops you here they wont be making up a crime and then accussing you of it and demanding a bribe to "forget" about it.

Some of you are just so ungrateful. This guy was a criminal lets not forget, if the police went all softly softly on him he might have got away then you'd all be moaning at the police then as well I imagine.

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyukguy)
    I'm all for beating, I love the way the BBC wrote this:

"A police officer allegedly captured on CCTV cameras kicking a handcuffed black man in Greater Manchester will not face criminal charges."

Naturally if this had been a white person it would've either not made the news or they wouldn't have written:

"A police officer allegedly captured on CCTV cameras kicking a handcuffed white man in Greater Manchester will not face criminal charges."

Pathetic really, trying to force the race card into the story. I think the police do a fantastic job I can't believe what I read in this thread with people saying anything else! Lets not forget what we have here, recently the Ukrainian PM had to dismiss all ten thousand odd of the countries traffic police because they just could not root out the corruption in the force. You know that if a policeman stops you here they wont be making up a crime and then accussing you of it and demanding a bribe to "forget" about it.

Some of you are just so ungrateful. This guy was a criminal lets not forget, if the police went all softly softly on him he might have got away then you'd all be moaning at the police then as well I imagine.

Andrew
    agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. The BBC are nothing if not sensationalists.

ReputationRep:
    The man resisted arrest, says it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Its horrendous, people are getting arrested just for being DRUNK, they'll arrest you for swearing, they'll arrest you for insulting them
    I think they arrest you when you get to this state for your own safety and the safety of others. What if you go home and act the same way to your family? What if you act the same way in the kebaby and wake up 3 days later feeling a bit gummy, can't smell right and can't see right?

ReputationRep:
    i have been following this thread and chose not to make comments since i had little or no detail on the issue at hand...however using BBC as a point of refrence is quite :eek:

Even we in Africa have issues with BBC and their biased reporting of events, either they think africa is still a jungle and the blacks are cavemen or its a publicity stunt on their part... :rolleyes: ...as many have said, if the guy was white, it wont be on BBC headlines

ReputationRep:
    The amusing thing is that the Americans believe the BBC to be the most unbiased reporter of news in the world.

ReputationRep:
    why the feck would they say BBC is very biased?? Id say BBC is good and they just like to think that CNN is the best there is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    why the feck would they say BBC is very biased?? Id say BBC is good and they just like to think that CNN is the best there is
    If you're refering to Will's post, then I can't tell you "why the feck would they say the BBC is very biased" because thats not what he said. He said the BBC were thought of as NOT being BIASED by the Americans.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I was on holiday in Tenerefe I saw some guy getting COMPLETELY completely battered by the police even when he'd repeatedly submitted after simply running away from them - this wasn't heavy handed it was excessively heavy handed, I said to my mates this would never happen in England. Next day that Brazilian guy was shot.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.