Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glory)
    your either not that tall or anerexic. A size 12 at that size looks skinny.
    now that's not really true. I'm that size and an 8/10 and I think I look fine :rolleyes: - but 6 would indeed look unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    That is anorexic-logic.Unhealthy attitudes like that made me mad.

ReputationRep:
    why dont you tell yourself if u lose so many pounds you can go and treat yourself to something you want. thats what my mum did with me but she always used realistic healthy amounts to lose. what does your mum think to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    A US size 5 nearer a UK size 8, so don;t worry about it.
    Ah! a simple problem of conversion! But each make is a bit different in its sizing anyway, so maybe it would be best to listen to your sister, that dress might be a small 8... try and take it back and get the next size up.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by pheebs)
    that's the point. it is. unless you slim into them
    But if you slim into this one dress all your other clothes will be too big!

ReputationRep:
    god your clever!! why didnt i think of tht lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    But if you slim into this one dress all your other clothes will be too big!

then you go buy more, which are the next size down. Its a vicious circle
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Glory)
    then you go buy more, which are the next size down. Its a vicious circle
    Hence it's still a waste of money!

ReputationRep:
    and unhealthy

ReputationRep:

not proud - in fact incredibly body conscious

ReputationRep:
    so am i but it doesnt mean id go down to a size six. would u rather have boobs n a bum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soapysudds1)
    so am i but it doesnt mean id go down to a size six. would u rather have boobs n a bum?
    i do. i'll post a pic of myself tomorrow

ReputationRep:

not proud - in fact incredibly body conscious
    I am a bit too... I keep thinking I've put on weight, but my mum assured me I haven't and that I look a bit too thin maybe and should eat more. She must be right because all my clothes still fit me, but for some reason I thought I'd put on a lot of weight - I'd not been doing as much sport as I used to, but then again my mum is probably right in pointing out that I probably eat less now than I used too (although she just said that, she doesn't know what I eat, she last saw me at easter, but thinking about it she's most likely correct). Listen to others, especially your sister - if you really were putting on weight or were fat she'd be the first to tell you, friends will be nice and won't want to hurt your feelings, sisters generally will be honest, as they aren't trying to suck up to your or anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    I wish girls would get it into their heads that CURVES ARE GOOD. You have to ask yourself why you want to be that thin? Is it about attractiveness? Because i can assure you guys don't find sticks with no breasts/bum/shape attractive.

ReputationRep:
    i love being curvy its super sexy

ReputationRep:
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    that's the point. it is. unless you slim into them
    but why do you want to slim just for the sake of it? at a size 8-10 and 5'7'' you hardly sound like you need to slim.

ReputationRep:
    i could kind of understand you doing that if you were a size 18 trying to be a size 16 or something, but a size 6 is a different matter! 8-10 is slim anyway, and you do actually need to quite short and have a naturally petite frame to fit a size 6. if you're like 5'2'' or under and have a very small build, then i suppose that it might be ok, but if you're tall then i really don't think that 'slimming down' to a size 6 is healthy. to be honest, dress sizes don't mean anything - i'm a size 8-10 but i know people who are sizes 10-12who are probably actually slimmer than i am (proportionally speaking), just because they are naturally taller than me. it all depends on what size you are, but i really think you should consider carefully whether or not slimming down to such a tiny size is really necessary or, indeed, healthy.

ReputationRep:
    i do. i'll post a pic of myself tomorrow
    if you are willing to post a pic of yourself here, you can't be that self conscience about the way you look.

IMHO size 8 or below would be too skinny and look unhealthy, you would probably not be happy then either, and try to slim to a 6 then even smaller! :eek:

My friend(i think about the same height as you) was a size 6 for a while and everyone thought she looked like a skeleton! when she put on a bit of weight and became a size 10, she looked much better, had more energy was more confident, got more attension from guys(if that is what this is about) and was overall much happier!

setting targets in the form of a new dress isn't that good really, because what if you want to treat yourself to some chocolate or cakes or whatever you like, or don't follow your slimming plan for a few days, you are going to feel really dissapointed and hate the dress thinking what a waste of money!! Then if you do manage to fit into it, sure it might feel good for a while, but it will always remind you that becasue of that dress you can't treat yourself or relax your eating pattern and you will resent it, if that makes any sence.
    Having "skinny jeans" or trousers is fine, because they are probably something you bought ages ago when you fitted into them, you wore them for a while got your moneys worth, so its not the end of the world if you never get into them again, just a bonus if you manage to.

ReputationRep:
    ok, i just saw that you're 5'7''... in which case really don't go down to a size 6. that's really not healthy - no offence, but you will look like a skeleton.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.