Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A good set of results is at least 20 A*s.
    Anyone who can't even reach this most basic of standards deserves to be rounded up and sent to slave labour camps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    A good set of results is at least 20 A*s.
    Anyone who can't even reach this most basic of standards deserves to be rounded up and sent to slave labour camps.
    20 A*'s ?!?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    20 A*'s ?!?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Sarcasm dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatpotter)
    Well, it says on some webby that the results can be gotten on 8/8
    The International GCSE results came out on the 8th I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

(Original post by xlouisedoll)
    The International GCSE results came out on the 8th I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!
    Nope... IGCSEs comes out on Aug 23rd.

ReputationRep:
    Define good results? It varies from person to person, from school to school. If we all judge ourselves by our own standards, and we meet or even excede our own expectations then those are brilliant results. If you're talking about 9 Gs or something, obviously that's not so great, but if most of your grades are C and above, then you are a highly useful statistic to the government, congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    I would say if you meet all your predictions then that would be classed as 'good grades' (unless you've got awful predicted grades because you've been lazy and haven't worked all year and you meet those - that wouldn't be classed as good!). I just want to meet my predicted grades. I'm not too disapointed if I drop a grade in a few subjects but I'd be annoyed if I got drastically lower than predicted. If I got higher than predicted I'd be surprised, pleased but somewhere in my head I'd be thinking, 'well this raises the standard expected for my A Levels now!'.

I got level 6 for science in my year 6/KS2 SATS and I thought it was great at the time but then for my year 9/KS3 SATS a few years later I was so worried about not getting my Level 7 because if i got a level 6 (or worse, a level 5!) then, it would be like I hadn't improved at all since year 6! Obviously I had but it was extra pressure I didn't need.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.