RETURN OF THE KING/only reply if youve seen the film

Watch
This discussion is closed.
SIMZZ
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I didnt get the end of this film, no.1. i didnt get why frodo was immortal, no.2. i didnt understand why all the immortal beings were going away no.3. Arwen was immortal but she came back as a mortal. I would be grateful if someone can just explain the end of the film to me. Cheers
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SIMZZ)
I didnt get the end of this film, no.1. i didnt get why frodo was immortal, no.2. i didnt understand why all the immortal beings were going away no.3. Arwen was immortal but she came back as a mortal. I would be grateful if someone can just explain the end of the film to me. Cheers

1. he wasnt immortal. i think the ring just messed him up so much he couldnt bear to stay in the shire
2. because their time on middle earth was done (dont know much more than that)
3. she gave her immortality away so she could marry and be with Aragorn
SIMZZ
(Original post by kikzen)
1. he wasnt immortal. i think the ring just messed him up so much he couldnt bear to stay in the shire
3. she gave her immortality away so she could marry and be with Aragorn

Thanks, did you like the ending of this film
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I thought the film was excellent, but the ending was too long in tying up all important bits, imagine how long it was in the beginning before they shortened the film own from 6 1/2 hours!
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SIMZZ)
which ending ?

it faded to black too much.. but yeah it was good.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SIMZZ)
It should have had the Scouring of the Shire in it.
SIMZZ
which ending ?

it faded to black too much.. but yeah it was good.
Same here, i just lost it towards the end, but overall i liked the film very much. I think i will have to watch it again. Also like arwen gave up her immortality, Gandalf could have, the lady of the wood could have, so why didnt they?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SIMZZ)
Same here, i just lost it towards the end, but overall i liked the film very much. I think i will have to watch it again. Also like arwen gave up her immortality, Gandalf could have, the lady of the wood could have, so why didnt they?
Well they couldn't change what happened in then book...
SIMZZ
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Well they couldn't change what happened in then book...
I agree with that, theres no question to it, its just that it didnt tye up in my mind. Oh well!
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, they left so that a new age could begin. Age of elves was over, now it was time for the age of men
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Veedy)
Yes, they left so that a new age could begin. Age of elves was over, now it was time for the age of men
and hobbits!
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
and hobbits!
Aah yes, hobbits as well. But being hobbits who never wandewer away froomthe Shire, I bet after a few years they would have been forgotten about on the whole
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nice trilogy. They remained reasonably consistent throughout the three films, so if you liked the first, you were likely to like the others. I wish I could say the same for the Matrix trilogy though :-s.

1. Not sure why frodo was immortal either, maybe he just didn't feel comfortable in middle earth anymore.
2. I guess the job of the immortal beings was done.
3. Arwen made the choice to be mortal because of love.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Can I just ask:

At the end, when Galadriel, Elrond etc are taking Frodo away from Middle Earth, who is the third Elf standing in the middle? He is presumably the owner of the 3rd elf ring - is he Legola's dad - I know Legolas is supposed to be some prince of somewhere...
SIMZZ
(Original post by 4Ed)
Can I just ask:

At the end, when Galadriel, Elrond etc are taking Frodo away from Middle Earth, who is the third Elf standing in the middle? He is presumably the owner of the 3rd elf ring - is he Legola's dad - I know Legolas is supposed to be some prince of somewhere...
can i also ask in addition to this, why is Gandalf going and why? and where are they going anyway? Cant they all just become mortal and come back to middle earth like arwen
++Hex++
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
Can I just ask:

I think that's Galadriel's husband, he doesn't have a ring. Gandalf has the 3rd one, I don't think King Whoever has anything.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how come Gandalf gets an Elf Ring? i thought as one of the nine (?)coloured Wizards, he'd get a wizard ring or something different.
Psyche
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ++Hex++)
I think that's Galadriel's husband, he doesn't have a ring. Gandalf has the 3rd one, I don't think King Whoever has anything.
Yeah, Celeborn. You saw him in the the fellowship too, at Lothlorien. I dunno if he has a ring though.

SIMZZ - Gandalf goes because his time on Middle Earth is over. Each of the wizards in Middle Earth are sent there for a purpose: Gandalf's role was to aid the people of Middle Earth in the war of the ring. Now that war's finished, he leaves. They are going to the Grey Havens. Personally, I think what and where that actually is, is kind of ambiguous. I see it as a kind of heaven, where those who suffered under evil go to find peace with themselves.
++Hex++
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
how come Gandalf gets an Elf Ring? i thought as one of the nine (?)coloured Wizards, he'd get a wizard ring or something different.
Some other elf gave it to him. Are there really 9 wizards?
Psyche
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ++Hex++)
Some other elf gave it to him. Are there really 9 wizards?
I thought there were only 5 :confused:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (8)
4.6%
Confident (17)
9.77%
Indifferent (17)
9.77%
Unsure (40)
22.99%
Worried (92)
52.87%

Watched Threads