Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I have heard recently from a FE college that in order to be employed as a teacher of adult numeracy it is necessary to have A levels in both Maths and English. Can this possibly be correct?

    No, you don't need A-level maths or English. However, if you are a new teacher of adult numeracy you will now need to get the Numeracy Level 4 subject specification. The maths for this qualification is about A-level in standard.
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.