Turn on thread page Beta

The Sales! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you been to the christmas sales yet then?

It wasn't as busy as i thought it was going to be but then i did't go to the big shopping centre.. couldn't b bothered! There are some nice stuff in the sales if u haven't been - get yourself gone! But i can c why people don't go though. Next has some good stuff for guys, i went yesturday.

ReputationRep:
    I got everything I wanted for Christmas...

ReputationRep:
    They were tailed back along the motorway at 3.30 am on Boxing Day morning to get into the Trafford Centre!!

We went to the John Lewis Clearance yesterday and it wasn't too bad, but it was getting busier as we left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    They were tailed back along the motorway at 3.30 am on Boxing Day morning!!
    Thats soo stupid!!!
    I would never do that... whats the point?!
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Next on ox street opened at 5 am yesterday, and it was full by 5:30!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to bristol for the janurary sales.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    I'm going to bristol for the janurary sales.
    Well I'm going (supposedly now but prob in an hour or so) to Lyme Regis for a few days, and me and my sister are going to head up to Exeter to do some sales shopping. Will probably go to various other places over the next few weeks, but I should try to restrain myself really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    They were tailed back along the motorway at 3.30 am on Boxing Day morning to get into the Trafford Centre!!

We went to the John Lewis Clearance yesterday and it wasn't too bad, but it was getting busier as we left.
    Apparantly, people were queing to get in from 3:30am! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you wait a few days?

ReputationRep:
    Yes! lets all go to courts on boxing day and buy a crap sofa! i can;t think of ANYTHING better than that to do! *sarc, sarc, sarc*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    Yes! lets all go to courts on boxing day and buy a crap sofa! i can;t think of ANYTHING better than that to do! *sarc, sarc, sarc*
    lol sale mentality of people...

ReputationRep:
    I think Next was open at 5am nationwide. The one down the road from me was open at 5am. My mate who works there started at 4am!

I bought a smart pair of dress shoes. £55 down to £35.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    I think Next was open at 5am nationwide. The one down the road from me was open at 5am. My mate who works there started at 4am!

I bought a smart pair of dress shoes. £55 down to £35.

Adam
    And at what time did you purchase the shoes?

ReputationRep:
    i cant get the sales because i have to do a load of course work i should of handed in before christmas help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    And at what time did you purchase the shoes?
    Was 1:15, because my friend who works there still had 45mins of his shift left to work. What a nightmare, 4am-2pm!

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    Was 1:15, because my friend who works there still had 45mins of his shift left to work. What a nightmare, 4am-2pm!

Adam
    But doesnt he get extra pay? Like £7.20/hour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    But doesnt he get extra pay? Like £7.20/hour?
    yeah, but 'd rather beg that money than work for it, if it meant i had to work at that time, and that level of busyness- i value my sleep

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but 'd rather beg that money than work for it, if it meant i had to work at that time, and that level of busyness- i value my sleep
    Yes, but its like over £63 that day! Thats like a lot of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Yes, but its like over £63 that day! Thats like a lot of money
    :eek: *speechless* ytho i did hear about one beggar who had it down to such an art he could make likew £80 on a good day!!!

...he wasnt a tramp very long...

ReputationRep:
    :eek: *speechless* ytho i did hear about one beggar who had it down to such an art he could make likew £80 on a good day!!!

...he wasnt a tramp very long...
    £80 a day??? Thats like £28, 480/year :eek:

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.