Turn on thread page Beta

No bad side effects if you aren't a regular heavy drinker.

ReputationRep:
    When I stopped drinking (from over limits to definitely within limits/a drink very occasionally) I felt so much better. The reason why I did it was because I got ill on holiday and I just couldn't bear drinking!

I didn't have any physical side effects, it's not like you'll get the shakes or anything, and I did have more money, felt more awake as I wasn't in bed with a hangover at all, and you may lose weight because alcohol has loads of calories..espcially beer.

ReputationRep:
    I stopped drinking for a coupla months just to prove to myself that I could have fun going out without getting drunk and I could! In the end I started drinking again though cos while I could have fun not drinking, I could have MORE by drinking! Also if your like me and don't have very high self-esteem and confidence it helps on a night out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spondrah)
    I stopped drinking for a coupla months just to prove to myself that I could have fun going out without getting drunk and I could! In the end I started drinking again though cos while I could have fun not drinking, I could have MORE by drinking! Also if your like me and don't have very high self-esteem and confidence it helps on a night out!
    And you have to be drunk to go out in Croydon or you just see how naff it is I have almost as much fun going out and not drinking, sometimes more because I know I won't make a tit of myself by falling over or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    When I stopped drinking (from over limits to definitely within limits/a drink very occasionally) I felt so much better. The reason why I did it was because I got ill on holiday and I just couldn't bear drinking!

I didn't have any physical side effects, it's not like you'll get the shakes or anything, and I did have more money, felt more awake as I wasn't in bed with a hangover at all, and you may lose weight because alcohol has loads of calories..espcially beer.
    I've found I have got the shakes a little bit lately. I'm trying to work out if it's related though.

ReputationRep:
    For God's Sake just don't do it, you're at age where you must drink - regularly.

Read this.

I have a few good reasons for Drinking
    And one has just entered my head.
    "If a man can't drink when he's living,
    How the hell can he drink when he's dead?"

Says it all for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    For God's Sake just don't do it, you're at age where you must drink - regularly.

Read this.

I have a few good reasons for Drinking
    And one has just entered my head.
    "If a man can't drink when he's living,
    How the hell can he drink when he's dead?"

Says it all for me.
    Drinking is bad for you. It's also illegal for you, is it not? :p:

Giving up drinking = losing weight and feeling healthier. It's all good And if you're not going out, and being in situations where you'd normally drink, it's easy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)

Damn right beer has calories, I've put on a bit of a gut over the summer. Might start on the wine, think it has less cals? Anyway, once I'm back in September I won't be drinking as much (I don't think). I'll just cut back and run the **** of lol

ReputationRep:
    in the last week i've been drunk 3 times ...which worries me....but i'm having a alchol detox for a week or two to let my body recover

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    Drinking is bad for you. It's also illegal for you, is it not? :p:

Giving up drinking = losing weight and feeling healthier. It's all good And if you're not going out, and being in situations where you'd normally drink, it's easy!
    Yeah it's technically illegal for the next 4 months but I think i'm old enough to decide. Indeed, if I have a few drinks in the house it's legal because I'm allowed to. Liberal household this one.

Yeah it is much healthier, specially before the summer kicks in but you have got to drink the summer away and then health up in September - May/June.

Still can't drink when you're dead can you?

ReputationRep:
    Well i have 3 cans of larger and a bit of vodka ledt in my room that aren't going to waste..i'll drink them then have a break.

Until next thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    in the last week i've been drunk 3 times ...which worries me....but i'm having a alchol detox for a week or two to let my body recover
    Listen that's nothing, I'm regularly lampooned Fri, Sat, Sun and then sometimes I throw in a Monday and a Thursday for good measure.

ReputationRep:
    Or indeed a Wednesday thinking about last night - although there was a massive fireworks display here so everyone was drinking the head of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    Yeah it's technically illegal for the next 4 months but I think i'm old enough to decide. Indeed, if I have a few drinks in the house it's legal because I'm allowed to. Liberal household this one.

Yeah it is much healthier, specially before the summer kicks in but you have got to drink the summer away and then health up in September - May/June.

Still can't drink when you're dead can you?
    Hmm, not sure about the age thing, but yes, wine is superior, cheaper, less calories, and gets you trashed a lot quicker. I recommend it

I'm resting my liver from may week, and preparing it for the complete anihilation that will be fresher's week!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.