Ipods Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tribi18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Has anyone got an Ipod? I might get one but i'm not sure wheather they are worth the money? They r supposed to be the craze this christmas but no one that i've spoke to has got one! Please let me know ifyou have one, wheather there worth the money, how much did u get yours for and where from?

Cheers,
Tribi18
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't have one but I know they cost a lot. You could get a decent MP3 Player for half the price
vavavoom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have one and I love it!!! It's easy to use and if you get the best one you can store up to 10,000 songs . Mine stores 5,000 songs but I find that more than enough.

My information as to where I got it won't be helpful coz I got it here in Japan.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
The jukebox zen nx is a good alternative. The 30gb model is currently £195 on amazon, which is much cheaper than an Ipod of equvalent size.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tribi18)
Has anyone got an Ipod? I might get one but i'm not sure wheather they are worth the money? They r supposed to be the craze this christmas but no one that i've spoke to has got one! Please let me know ifyou have one, wheather there worth the money, how much did u get yours for and where from?

Cheers,
Tribi18
buy one, you know you want to.

i got mine for £275 [20Gig] thru Apple Education.
yes it is worth the money.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Cheers,
Tribi18
I reckon there are just as good alternatives £50 or more cheaper.

E.g. http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hard...quicklinx=2SZD
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Likwise, that's the best deal you're proably gonna find.

Get a Zen if you actually think you're gonna need more than 20gb, if not then get the aesthetically far superior iPod. Looks the dog's knackers. Definetely worth the money if you have a largeish music collection.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
I reckon there are just as good alternatives £50 or more cheaper.

E.g. http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hard...quicklinx=2SZD
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...305446-9997237

£5 cheaper.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...305446-9997237

£5 cheaper.
Oh yeh, sorry... didn't see your earlier post.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The thing is though, all the cheaper ipods are all sold out...
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i have a net minidisc instead (got it just before ipods came out grrr!) but a mate of mine got an ipod from harrods for about £200
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone 4 ur help..
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was going down the same route as you thinking about getting an Ipod, but i came to the conclusion that a mini-disc player would be better. I was thinking along the lines of a sony MZN-10, expensive but nowhere near as expensive as an Ipod. I'll find a review of it with a comparison to the Ipod.

Here's a link:

http://www.epinions.com/content_100427140740
Tribi18
Rep:
?
(Original post by kingpong)
Likwise, that's the best deal you're proably gonna find.

Get a Zen if you actually think you're gonna need more than 20gb, if not then get the aesthetically far superior iPod. Looks the dog's knackers. Definetely worth the money if you have a largeish music collection.

whats the difference between a Zen and a ipod? theres so many 2 choose form i don't no which one 2 choose!...? help i have quit a large music collection so i might get a 20gb one.. whats the cheapsest for them? and which one should i get? sorry about the amount of quetions
tribi18
GH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you are going for an ipod, then don't in about 2 months, they are going to introduce a cut price ipod, that is like supposedly really cheap
Tribi18
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2776)
If you are going for an ipod, then don't in about 2 months, they are going to introduce a cut price ipod, that is like supposedly really cheap
what do u mean? sorry if that is a bit of a thick quesiton.. ha
GH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what do u mean? sorry if that is a bit of a thick quesiton.. ha
Theryre introducing a really cheap ipod (compared to current price) and they are marketing it at the £100 range. But it it still really good...
Tribi18
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2776)
Theryre introducing a really cheap ipod (compared to current price) and they are marketing it at the £100 range. But it it still really good...

oo thanks : )
TK0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oo thanks : )
one thing its not so good, will have flash storage probably under 100mb so not that good.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you want an ipod check out the apple website or kelkoo to search for the best prices. Id wait a bit longer until they go cheaper personally.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (147)
18.33%
No (487)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (168)
20.95%

Watched Threads