Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    If you want an ipod check out the apple website or kelkoo to search for the best prices. Id wait a bit longer until they go cheaper personally.

ye i'm guna wait abit.. how long do u think til they go down??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tribi18)
    ye i'm guna wait abit.. how long do u think til they go down??
    I can't really see it happening very soon. Did you check out the link i posted on the previous page?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I can't really see it happening very soon. Did you check out the link i posted on the previous page?
    Ye thanks alot G4ry : )

ReputationRep:
    Ye thanks alot G4ry : )
    It's ok, so you're still interested in an Ipod after the comparison?
    You said you had a large music collection, i take it most of it is on MP3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It's ok, so you're still interested in an Ipod after the comparison?
    You said you had a large music collection, i take it most of it is on MP3?
    Ye its sumtimes really annoying cos i cant find to music i wana listen 2. But £200 aint that bad to store like 8,000 songs is it!! Im guna wait abit though to see if they come down ne more ova next few months

ReputationRep:
    Ye its sumtimes really annoying cos i cant find to music i wana listen 2. But £200 aint that bad to store like 8,000 songs is it!! Im guna wait abit though to see if they come down ne more ova next few months
    Um, ipods don;t go down in price, they just made it better spec, so its always £200.

ReputationRep:
    i got one for christmas and its awesome. £299 i think. very veyr much worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    I reckon there are just as good alternatives £50 or more cheaper.

E.g. http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hard...quicklinx=2SZD
    Personally, nothing comes close to an Ipod.

ReputationRep:
    i want one so much!!
    which is the best value for money?

ReputationRep:
    The middle one, 20gb. Should be more than enough for most users.

ReputationRep:
    Surely you can buy a second hand one???

ReputationRep:
    yeh mines 20gb
    got 4 albums on plus bits and bobs, and only used 1%

ReputationRep:
    Ebay would probably be a good place to start. Amazon also sell second hand stuff i believe.

ReputationRep:
    i have a top-of the range sony net MD and its awsome! (doesnt have a backlight tho which is annoying) but downlaods really quickly. would recomend to anyone. I record in medium play so I get about 50 tracks per MD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    i have a top-of the range sony net MD and its awsome! (doesnt have a backlight tho which is annoying) but downlaods really quickly. would recomend to anyone. I record in medium play so I get about 50 tracks per MD
    What model number do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    The middle one, 20gb. Should be more than enough for most users.
    Yep that's the one i've just bought! I mean you can fit 5000 albums on it!! CRAZY!! Do luvvly on the ferry to disneyland in May with me mates!

Defo worth it..

Cheapest place to buy (trust me, i researched) is apple.com/uk but when you go to the store, click on the education tab and you get it cheaper...

Plus if you get the 20gb model it comes with dock, case etc.. and if you bought the extra things with the 10gb model (it don't come with it) then it goes over £300...

xx

ReputationRep:
    i'll just check, i have the

SONY
    MZN710S
    Net MiniDisc Recorder

i got it about 4 months ago when it was £200 just seen they got some newer models out now tho - grrrr, o well its still one of the top n bloody good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    Plus if you get the 20gb model it comes with dock, case etc.. and if you bought the extra things with the 10gb model (it don't come with it) then it goes over £300...

xx
    Yeah, but most of them i've found are not needed. The dock is pretty much useless unless you're that bothered about your shiny ipod getting scratched sitting on your tabletop, and the case is substandard. Bought myself an iSkin from the apple shop at the weekend, highly recommended.

Best aesthetics of anything electronic i've ever bought, box included. I'll post a pic later.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know any British stockists of the colour apple ibook laptops? I want a pink one, tangerine or a blueberry one. But has to be brand new now on aution sites etc. They are so cute! i'll have to convert it to windows tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    i'll just check, i have the

SONY
    MZN710S
    Net MiniDisc Recorder

i got it about 4 months ago when it was £200 just seen they got some newer models out now tho - grrrr, o well its still one of the top n bloody good

whjere do u buy the ones for £200 from???!!!!??? and what make is it? how many GB's??

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.