Travel and Tourism Work experience

Watch
PrincessI
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Basically am on course a travel and tourism course and part of my work is to fiind some work expereince within the same industry.. I would like to work in a hotel prefebally or a airport but am not sure how to find the work experience and i have only applied for 1 hotel so far

Any ideas on what i could do or where i could go?
Thanks
computersaysnooooo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go abroad to a foreign airport/hotel/tourist attraction?
Apply to all the airlines and airports basically bomb the cvs out cos for my work exp in teaching I sent out like 30 applications and about 5 got back to me so loads of places don't bother getting back to you.
PrincessI
I cant go abroad were not allowed to but thanks for the advice ill start trying the airports and airlines
MonsoonFlower
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PrincessI)
Basically am on course a travel and tourism course and part of my work is to fiind some work expereince within the same industry.. I would like to work in a hotel prefebally or a airport but am not sure how to find the work experience and i have only applied for 1 hotel so far

Thanks
Hi I'm studying the same course as you but I'm on the BTEC National Diploma Travel and Tourism course. Anyway I studied the BTEC First Diploma course in the same subject last year previously and we had work placement at a very local travel agency called First Choice (Holiday Hypermarket). :p: Why don't you ask your teacher or your local First Choice, Thomson or Thomas Cook (or your preference - hotels) to see if they're willing to take you as their student work placement trainee?

There's no harm in asking, just say that you're at college studying the travel and tourism industry and you were wondering if they're taking on work placements.
MonsoonFlower
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by computersaysnooooo)
Go abroad to a foreign airport/hotel/tourist attraction?
Apply to all the airlines and airports basically bomb the cvs out cos for my work exp in teaching I sent out like 30 applications and about 5 got back to me so loads of places don't bother getting back to you.
Erm, how can she do it abroad if she is studying at college? Have some common sense. :p:
computersaysnooooo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Boreism)
Erm, how can she do it abroad if she is studying at college? Have some common sense. :p:
Take a week off duh, I know loads of people doing work exp abroad, esp as she's studying tourism :rolleyes:
PrincessI
thanks for all your advise but unfortunately as i have previously mentioned i cant go abroad for this work placement even if i wanted to.
chiggy321
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Travel Agents sounds a good idea.
MonsoonFlower
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by chiggy321)
Travel Agents sounds a good idea.
I agree. I worked at First Choice Holidays (you know - the travel agency) for my work experience. :yep:
p.thayaparan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
where is First Choice Holidays located?
p.thayaparan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
how to start off with a travel agent or tour operator job? pls advise if any of u know how u all got in to a travel company in london?
Tommy Towse
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Thanks
Hello there , i am also looking for work experience , what i would do is look at local hotels to see if they would let you have some expereince
chloeandjosh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Thanks
Where are u at first because if u r in Bristol u can always go to Bristol airport and be a receptionist
Porcha.xo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You could try holiday shops that book holidays that links to travel and tourism such as TUI, Hays or virgin. There should be quite a few local ones
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (188)
29.24%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.49%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.02%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.93%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.91%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.91%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.11%

Watched Threads