Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    no cos i'm in spain. but if i go to uni it's for 4 years, if i go travelling then i's only for 6 months- see what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    I would defo recommend going to uni. For me personally it has been the best experience of my life. It has taught me a lot about how to get on with a wide range of people and has helped me develop as a person.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't think you need to go, statistically you're 50% more likely to earn more with a degree, so you still have a good chance of earning a good salary without a degree. Alternatively you could get an apprenticeship with a company and work for them while going to uni part time, money & a degree that's what I'm about to do, can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you bother asking on TSR? If you are questioning the significance of a University degree, don't do it. Honestly, if you do not feel comfortable in a "bookish" atmosphere (well, some universities are more bookish that others), do not go!!!!

ReputationRep:
    it's not that, i am bookish, i don't want to leave my family

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think it would be well worth it. It's a myth that a languages degree leads only to translating/interpeting or teaching; you can do loads of things, like work for a big international company, and over 60% of graduate jobs are open to people with a degree in any subject. Not only will it be much easier to get a job with a degree, you'll also have a fantastic experience. You have to leave your family sometime, and I think it would be easier doing it to go to uni, where you'll be with loads of other people your own age going through the same thing. Why do you have to leave Spain though? Can't you go to uni there?

ReputationRep:
    no, you have to speak fluent castillian and valenciano, plus sit the selectividad, it's too much hassle seeing as i don't speak valenciano at all! you're supposed to learn it froma young age- i mightt be a bit too old

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.