Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by ~cherrykisses~)
    Argh im so mad i think im gonna explode! Okay here goes....

My friend nicky doesnt have many friends and i feel sorry for her, so i made up a fake msn account pretending to be this girl called jade. i pretended to be jade and told nicky i would like to be friends.
    Now, when nicky told me about this girl called jade, she was saying shes a really nice friend etc....and i was happy for her that she had found a new 'friend'

But now whenver i talk to nicky and say wotya been up 2 2day? she says shes been to london with jade, or the cinema wiv jade. And i know very well that this isnt true coz jade isnt a real person. argh. It started with the little things, but now nickys being totally out of order. Like tonight me n nicky were talkin on msn and we have had it arranged for ages 2 do something tommorow. then she said to me ' im really sorry, but im gonna do somethink with jade tommorow' :mad:
    i was like what!
    Then she said 'did u give your addie 2 jade?' and i said 'what i dont even know her' then she said that Jade told her she is gonna email me.
    o....kays....
    Then i got an email from 'Jade'. But it wasnt the email addy i made up for her. It was something completly differnt. Sayng....

"hello jenny darling
    how r u sweety
    wht did u do 2day then
    u know wht i did 2day i went 2 the cinema with nicky !!! it woz great we had a fantastik time,.
    but thers 1 thing i didnt like, shes not gonna do anythink with me 2moorow, why? coz she meetin up with u like usual...
    hey u know jenny u should be grateful tht atleast shes meetin up with u
    can u do me a favour sugar? can u persuade nicky 2 meet up with me 2moorow n do somethink with me 2morrow all day.. im sure shell have more fun with me
    i got ur email from carly!! but nicky doesnt know so lets keep it a secret ok sweety plz email bak 2day ill luv u 4ever if u do...
    ok byee luv jade x "

So, obviously that was nicky, pretending to be jade. but why would she say that? and btw i have know idea who so called carly is lol

And also, recently nickys sister has been emailing me recently, i never thought much of it , until the convo turned to jade, and she said jade has been round her house. And then i tought ok somethinks up. bcoz a while ago i sed 2 nicky 'what does jade look like?' and she said shoulderlength brown hair. then on her sisters email she said jade has shoulderlength brown hair. Which means that it must have been nicky emailing me pretending to be her sister. bcoz jade is not a real person.

I dont get why nicky is lying about some girl called jade who doesnt even exist, and saying all that stuff which she knows isnt true. She is basically pretending that so called jade is splitting up our friendship.

Then i cracked! I ****ing flipped! I sed 2 nicky on msn, "look, i know uve been lyin 2 me, i know jade never said any of that stuff. Jade isnt real, she doesnt exist and i know your the one whos been pretending to be her and your sister.
    But she just kept on denying it, and said she will have a word with her sis about it. then she told me that her sis thinks jade is a much nicer person than me and she doesnt want nicky seeing me ever again!

Ohhhh my gosh.....all this trouble over a made up person who doesnt exist :mad: what shall i do? is it worth trying to repair our friendship eventhough she is a lier?

im so pissed off. argh!!!!!arGH !!!!ARGH!!!!!

Need help coz im about to explode *LITERALLY*

*btw Nicky is not her real name..

what do you care though? i mean shes obviously a rubbish friend if she'll act like this.

hat said it isn't nice to decieve thoose you care about in this way.

i know a guy who tested his gf's fidelity by creating this guy online to chat her up. so he's texting his gf all the time in this other persona, chatting her up etc, till one day she dumps him and says that he's been weird and distant with her and she feels she's gotten close to this guy online
    he explodes in silly jealous rage telling her it was him all along and he knew she didnt care about him like he did her blah blah blah
    she takes this and (bit i thought was great) with full dignity points oout that the side of him he had shown online was a much nicer side than he was showing her right now. she wished he could act like his online persona the whole time,and until he shed the monster that was the 'real him' he'd be doomed.

how very profound for a 15year old...

ReputationRep:
    ok, thanks everyone for the advice. Im off to bed now, but plz keep the replies coming in and i'll check them tommorrow. And i'll also let you all know how i get on tommorow when i speak to her.

ReputationRep:
    This is truly messed up stuff! How can you justify creating an account pretending to be someone else anyway? As far as I can tell, you started the whole mess.

This kind of fake identity/internet story upsets me. It's horrible.

ReputationRep:
    doubt she will acknowledge it.. she'll keep lying just as she is now and eventually hide from her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    This is truly messed up stuff! How can you justify creating an account pretending to be someone else anyway? As far as I can tell, you started the whole mess.

This kind of fake identity/internet story upsets me. It's horrible.
    kids these days eh?

what happened to good old fashioned honesty!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    kids these days eh?

what happened to good old fashioned honesty!?
    Well I was involved in a story like this a long time ago. Dishonesty is a lot more damaging and hurtful than some people realise. I think this girl started the whole twisted mess by being dishonest in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Let me summarise this: You make a fake MSN id to provide another friend for Nicky. So did you often go online and chatted with her as this 'Jade'?
    Nicky tells you of activities with Jade & tells you that she will write to Jade and the latter apparently sends you this really silly message (Carly gave your addy) implying that Nicky is more happier when with her. I find that e-mail quite doubtful.
    You also get some doubtful mails from Nicky's sister... who could be Nicky herself.

What I would do is to first have a nice friendly chat (via any medium apart from internet) with Nicky's sister & find out subtley whether she did send you mails & if this Jade really exists. You could ask about Carly too.
    Then later maybe you could ask Nicky to have a nice meet up with Carly & Jade- her most wonderful friends.
    I had a similar experience last year when I went out with someone, who after not getting what he wanted, said that he has a girlfriend. I cheerfully proposed that we should all meet up which was met with too many delays & it finally emerged that he has no one!

ReputationRep:
    This girl 'Nicky' is very, very disturbed. She is making up lies to the extreme and is even using them to attack you. Imagine if you had no idea who Jade was...how hurtful Nicky's actions would be. No wonder she has no friends, she acts appallingly to the only one she has. This girl has serious problems. Finish your friendship with her now and quit the Jade thing. Then she'll realise what a ***** she's been and hopefully change her warped attitude to life.
    Well thats what I would do, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i think your horrible tbh, making upa fake friend??!! why didnt you jusdt introduce her to your mates? your sick!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe all they have is each other.

And foxo, are you posting this while on holiday? tut tut :evil:

ReputationRep:
    What if Nicky has discovered Jade's true identity but is keeping up the pretence in an attempt to really confuse the culprit, Cherrykisses? It would certainly appear to be working!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manatee)
    What if Nicky has discovered Jade's true identity but is keeping up the pretence in an attempt to really confuse the culprit, Cherrykisses? It would certainly appear to be working!

It certainly seems plausible, and futhermore, a pretty good way to get back.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Maybe she knows you made her up and she is getting back at you. Ever considered that? If you really were her only friend then why would she shun you all of a sudden? Instead of lying about it or coming clean (if you really don't want to) then why not organise a day out with Nicky and get her to bring Jade. Obviously if Jade is made up then she won't be there so ask if you can have her number, etc.

ReputationRep:
    ROFL. God, you're evidently both psychotic...

Perhaps if you think she's a bit lonely you should try being a better friend to her, use up your time and energy building a real friendship rather than deluding the girl.

And how do you think this is going to end?! I mean, you'll either (a) have to continue this forever or (b) admit you've been deceiving her or (c) make 'Jade' disappear and no doubt make Nicky more miserable than before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    also its interesting you think its bang out of order and wrong when you *think* she might be impersonating someone else...yet this is exactly what you've done!
    But she did it to make nicky feel better but nicky did it for a reason i dont understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip2004)
    But she did it to make nicky feel better but nicky did it for a reason i dont understand.
    How would it make Nicky feel better? :confused: Surely you'd prefer to have one really good true friend, than a bunch of MSN friends. At least, I think most people would

My theory is that this girl isn't telling us everything...

ReputationRep:
    You're both pathological and hopefully you'll both collapse under the weight of your shared negativity.

ReputationRep:
    Kill off Jade. Get on her sn and tell Nicky you (jade) are going on holiday, forever. Or, get on Jade's sn, and say you're Jade's mother, and Jade has died, but it's a closed service. Or you could just ask Nicky if you could hang out with her and jade, that you really want to meet her. Either way, you're both rather immature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirPimpsALittle)
    Or, get on Jade's sn, and say you're Jade's mother, and Jade has died, but it's a closed service.
    Wow. And you're calling her immature?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manatee)

I thought that

Lets be honest..who was the person who lied in the first place eh? To be honest if i found out a friend had done that to me i'd think what she's doing would be a pretty good plan for revenge, it's like she's getting her own back. the two of you are caught up in an immature web of lies, and you need to come clean if you are going to sort this. Think how would you feel if you were talking to someone who you thought you got on with, only to find out its one of your best friends, i think that could come across as if you were taking the piss, which would have hurt her, so no wonder she's gone all out on revenge. The best thing you can do is sit down, talk and apologise. Hope it works out

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.