The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Nope, I find it fascinating. Think of all she's seen.

And she still drinks vodka! Has anyone noticed how the world's oldest people often drink and/or smoke? Several of them have claimed that smoking and drinking has been what kept them alive!
Reply 2
Tootles

And she still drinks vodka! Has anyone noticed how the world's oldest people often drink and/or smoke? Several of them have claimed that smoking and drinking has been what kept them alive!

Im a care assistant so talk to older people a lot, most of them claim alcohol has kept them alive, some of them have also claimed it was "lots of sex" and advised me to get as much as possible before its too late :teehee:

(some of them claim the opposite though)
Reply 3
Yeah I saw it on the news, she looks like that Demon from Drag Me To Hell !
Reply 4
Tootles

I actually have noticed that, i just think its down to luck and plus usually they used to lead a very simple lifestyle with a very healty diet, which i think is a main contributer aswell.

but i think its creepy because, imagine living that long...it jus kinda creeps me out that she lived through sooo many era's..and when you think its 2010..1880 sounds absolutely ancient. It might just be me though :biggrin:
Reply 5
Nah, it's not creepy at all. I'm not sure I'd want to live that long though. :p:

Indeed, I'm impressed that my great granddad lived until he was 89, he smoked like a chimney and drank whiskey every day. :top:
Reply 6
M1F2R3
Yeah I saw it on the news, she looks like that Demon from Drag Me To Hell !

:yes: LOL...thats what i thought aswell. I hope that whoever goes to meet her, protects their buttons or else they might have a talkin goat on their case.
Reply 7
Lovlii-Ladii
:yes: LOL...thats what i thought aswell. I hope that whoever goes to meet her, protects their buttons or else they might have a talkin goat on their case.

The boyfriend screwed her over so badly LOL, the goat effect was just shanty for a movie with that budget :p:
Reply 8
That makes me sick.
It's not creepy, I guess she doesn't do much living on a mountain, I guess that preserved some of her energy.
I wonder if anyone is hitting that at the moment....
I met a woman in a remote village in the Mojave desert whose family claimed she was 120. She was ooooooooooold. She was telling us about the film crews in who filmed the old western movies and meeting the old movie stars and about how sad she was that she was now living on a reservation.

It's always people in remote villages that live to be a million, I wonder if modern lifestyles kill us...
Kittykatkat
I met a woman in a remote village in the Mojave desert whose family claimed she was 120. She was ooooooooooold. She was telling us about the film crews in who filmed the old western movies and meeting the old movie stars and about how sad she was that she was now living on a reservation.

It's always people in remote villages that live to be a million, I wonder if modern lifestyles kill us...

Probably. People don't believe me though.
kamc
Im a care assistant so talk to older people a lot, most of them claim alcohol has kept them alive, some of them have also claimed it was "lots of sex" and advised me to get as much as possible before its too late :teehee:

(some of them claim the opposite though)

I've been told that too! :smile:
I was also told it helps keep you looking young!
That is amazing, she has seen the world change so much, I bet it can make her depressed at times.
sugar_and_spice
I've been told that too! :smile:
I was also told it helps keep you looking young!

I shall be having lots of sex :sexface:
I watched a documentary on ageing and they concluded that some people just have the genes and it doesn't really matter whether they drink and smoke a lot. Although if you don't have the genes, living a health lifestyle really does make quite a bit of difference.

The only real trend they found in people who lived to over 100 is that all of them had very strong personalities, implying that ageing is actually at least partially psychological. So everybody believe you will live to 100, and maybe you will.
Reply 17
Go look up the Blue Zones. There areas where the life expectancy is around 100+. They figured out that drinking a little everyday helps you live longer but smoking doesn't!
Reply 18
Good to see she is still hittin' the bevvy hard
lcmd
Good to see she is still hittin' the bevvy hard

If I looked like that I would be too

Latest

Trending

Trending