The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you want to do well, best to revise as early as possible.

Depnds if you can be bothered though. What's your motivation for doing well?
Reply 2
my motivation for doing well is to just do well, i want to get good grades for my GCSE.
Reply 3
I wouldn't really say that it pay off to start reading already. I'd say 1-1½ months before and then read A LOT during that time. Sticks better in your mind for the tests then rather than reading some pages here and there for a very long time.
Hi

I start revising straight away. After every lecture or class, I read up on the topics that have been covered and make notes. Also, I make spider diagrams of the main points which I later use to do my main revision from. I think about 2 months before your exams you should start the heavy revision rather than just reading and things like that. Look through your notes and try to do little tests as I find this helps to point out weak areas, which I then go over again. Furthermore, once you have read a topic, have a break and then go back and write down as much as you can remember. I find this helps me to transfer the information into my long-term memory but also keeps it clear in my short term memory so that I can access it easily (well easier) during the exam. I suppose these things may be more beneficial to me than you so if there are any other techniques which you feel work better for you then stick to them. If you have a long period before your exams start, why dont you experiment with a couple of strategies to see which ones work best for you as well as realising how much time you need to spend revising. Hope this helps. Sorry its filled with opinions and not specific facts but it kind of depends on the individual rather than the general population. Good luck with your revision and hope it all pays off during your exams.

Helen Brownsell

Latest

Trending

Trending