The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

tammy_girl
what looks good on a guy at the moment.....a pair of stone washed jeans....pair of white trainers.....a sexy vintage t-shirt and classy blazer jacket......I love that look ^_^ xoxo

I call those guys ******s
Reply 81
If in doubt, go retro. You'll need the requisite hair cut of course, but it's a long term winner given the fads are all from times gone by.
p.s. by retro i do NOT mean 3 year old nikes. we are not chavs. I mean classic retro - invest in some weathered brown leather accessories, bags/belts/shoes.
serious narb
I call those guys ******s

lol... if they look as if they care too much..it is a bit of a turn off in my mind
tishysquishy
lol... if they look as if they care too much..it is a bit of a turn off in my mind

yeah that's what I mean, they look like they have tried that little bit too hard to impress.

Most of them are bloody ugly little so and so's and have to dress that way in order to hide their unattractivness
Reply 84
serious narb
Most of them are bloody ugly little so and so's and have to dress that way in order to hide their unattractivness

oh come on. points for the testosterone flying around here, but really? Do you still not realise that girls like a guy that makes an effort? - who do you think they look at first. The guy in the jeans and random t shirt, or the guy with an obvious outfit. It shows he has some personality.

Besides - "hiding unattractiveness", what a gruesome turn of phrase. I'd go the other way and say that he was trying to make the most out of what he's got, and it's often damn effective. Perhaps you should study these guys a bit more when you're out next, see how they do.
Helene*
oh come on. points for the testosterone flying around here, but really? Do you still not realise that girls like a guy that makes an effort? - who do you think they look at first. The guy in the jeans and random t shirt, or the guy with an obvious outfit. It shows he has some personality.

Besides - "hiding unattractiveness", what a gruesome turn of phrase. I'd go the other way and say that he was trying to make the most out of what he's got, and it's often damn effective. Perhaps you should study these guys a bit more when you're out next, see how they do.

how does the stone wash jeans... look show any kind of personality? you see so many of them about all looking exactly the same, in fact i'd go as far to say that it shows their lack of personality in that they are following the sheep.

i'd like to thnk that girls would choose a good looking bloke in jeans and t-shirt over a ugly little **** in a blazer.

and i'd rather not spent a night out studying another blokes chances when he is out, more interested in looking after myself thanks.
Polo shirts, jeans, shirts.
need_money
Polo shirts, jeans, shirts.

now that's better....
Reply 88
serious narb
i'd like to thnk that girls would choose a good looking bloke in jeans and t-shirt over a ugly little **** in a blazer.

wonderfully optimistic. Are you honestly telling me you've never seen an incredibly hot girl on the arm of some guy much less special?

I wasn't personally pushing for the stonewashed demin/blazer deal, i must admit that on it's own it is a little bland peope. Where you are concerned, i was merely trying to point out the merits of thinking about what you're wearing.

Helene

p.s. Go ahead and look after yourself, maybe the ugly little **** will look after me.
Helene*
wonderfully optimistic. Are you honestly telling me you've never seen an incredibly hot girl on the arm of some guy much less special?

I wasn't personally pushing for the stonewashed demin/blazer deal, i must admit that on it's own it is a little bland peope. Where you are concerned, i was merely trying to point out the merits of thinking about what you're wearing.

Helene

p.s. Go ahead and look after yourself, maybe the ugly little **** will look after me.

yeah I do see not so good looking blokes with stunning girls, the point I was making was about the typical blazer stone washed jeans type, no imagination there. Don't get me wrong I spend a good deal of time on my appearance before I go out, it's not as if i make no effort.

I do think about what I wear, and i'm confident enough in myself anyway, i'm hardly being wonderfuly optomistic, I know that I have managed to get with good looking girls dressing how I want and I know that I can in the future. I'm confident enough in my own looks rather than having to 'over dress to impress'
Reply 90
serious narb
I'm confident enough in my own looks rather than having to 'over dress to impress'

Good for you. just don't beat on the ugly guys, they're doing they're bit to make themselves feel comfortable to. get it now?
Helene*
Good for you. just don't beat on the ugly guys, they're doing they're bit to make themselves feel comfortable to. get it now?

yeah I get ya, just voicing my opinion, just think they are Sheep, that's all...
Reply 92
On that point we agree. the blazer/jeans get up is past it. I was originally picking on your comment of "tried that little bit too hard to impress", trying to point out that it is ok to do this. Much better this than trying all too little.
Helene*
On that point we agree. the blazer/jeans get up is past it. I was originally picking on your comment of "tried that little bit too hard to impress", trying to point out that it is ok to do this. Much better this than trying all too little.

yep, we're pretty much agreeing here, I agree effort is important, if you make no effort it's obvious. But it has to be said that when someone tries too hard it just looks awful and desperate
Reply 94
i love winning.
Helene*
i love winning.

eh?

all we've established here is that you've created an argument about the wrong thing and realised that actually yeah these guys are bloody sheep. dunno how winning as come into it
Reply 96
and i love the come back attempts. have a read over the arguement, it was never about the sheep - from my point at least it was about the narrow mind at the start of it.

it's all good, i'm just playing with you..
Helene*
and i love the come back attempts. have a read over the arguement, it was never about the sheep - from my point at least it was about the narrow mind at the start of it.

it's all good, i'm just playing with you..

you are doing a bloody awful job of it though, hate it when people say 'i was just playing' in order to come out on top, you are going round in circles here, I still stand by the point that it is ugly little so and so's that have to make more effort, and like I say the better looking ones will always come out on top.....
Reply 98
oh no you misunderstand. i wasn't playing with you from the start, just with the "i love winning". had a feeling you wouldn't let it rest...

the better looking ones may be luckier, but let the "ugly little so and so's" have their fun.

much though i've loved this, i simply must step into luxury pamper mode (yes, making lots of effort...) and step into my bath, and watch a movie. yes, at the very same time, in the bath. love it.
Helene*
oh no you misunderstand. i wasn't playing with you from the start, just with the "i love winning". had a feeling you wouldn't let it rest...

the better looking ones may be luckier, but let the "ugly little so and so's" have their fun.

much though i've loved this, i simply must step into luxury pamper mode (yes, making lots of effort...) and step into my bath, and watch a movie. yes, at the very same time, in the bath. love it.

errrrm I love Winning:biggrin:

Latest