Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok saw this in the paper today.

www.beautifulpeople.net

This is a site where beautiful people can meet, sort of like ordinary communities however people that want to become a part of the community have to pass a voting from current members.

At the moment it seems like 1/5-1/6 people pass.

Not only beauty is rated, income, occupation and other social factors are relevant too.

I find this a bit funny :P

Anyone want to try? Always fun hearing about people being rejected. First one to get in recieves rep from me, if that's even an incentive.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's totally fair enough. Let's not be PC about it - generally speaking, people go out with people of similar attractiveness, including better looking people.

ReputationRep:
    The only problem I would find is people who tend to believe they're absoloutely 100% drop-dead gorgeous have really irritating attitudes.
    It was like that short lived tv show Hot or not when contestants would say how they 'pitied their less attractive friends'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponjavic)
    Ok saw this in the paper today.

www.beautifulpeople.net

This is a site where beautiful people can meet, sort of like ordinary communities however people that want to become a part of the community have to pass a voting from current members.

At the moment it seems like 1/5-1/6 people pass.

Not only beauty is rated, income, occupation and other social factors are relevant too.

I find this a bit funny :P

Anyone want to try? Always fun hearing about people being rejected. First one to get in recieves rep from me, if that's even an incentive.
    This sounds very American. It's especially in the US that you have personal ads where people specify the looks, the occupation, the salary, the religion of the person they're looking for.

It reminds me of this website called www.doyoulookgood.com The concept is like Hot or Not but it's been around for ages and it's actually a whole community, which organises parties... The idea is: get a lot of obnoxious, pretentious young people who think they're good-looking (but not necessarily good-looking) and have a party.

Great idea, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    This sounds very American. It's especially in the US that you have personal ads where people specify the looks, the occupation, the salary, the religion of the person they're looking for.

It reminds me of this website called www.doyoulookgood.com The concept is like Hot or Not but it's been around for ages and it's actually a whole community, which organises parties... The idea is: get a lot of obnoxious, pretentious young people who think they're good-looking (but not necessarily good-looking) and have a party.

Great idea, don't you think?
    yeah sounds like fun

Actually I think this is Danish though, so the article said

ReputationRep:
    yeah sounds like fun

Actually I think this is Danish though, so the article said
    It seems like a similar concept actually as your website also organises parties and stuff. It does seem more selective though.
    The girls are hot! But I don't know much about the guys. I'm a crap judge of male looks but some seem to be ugly gits with a stylish haircut.

ReputationRep:
    Btw, have you tried to get in, you good-looking ******* (or so I hear)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    The only problem I would find is people who tend to believe they're absoloutely 100% drop-dead gorgeous have really irritating attitudes.
    It was like that short lived tv show Hot or not when contestants would say how they 'pitied their less attractive friends'.
    I totally agree with this. The best kind of girl is one who's drop-dead gorgeous but doesn't realise it or at least isn't overly confident :love:

If you look at people who claim to be "good-looking", you tend to see a lot of mingers. Having an ego the size of a small planet is not the same as being born with good looks :rolleyes: That's something these people don't realise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Btw, have you tried to get in, you good-looking ******* (or so I hear)?
    No :P I wanna hear someone being rejected first or getting in then I'll expose myself

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it because it asks me to install Internet Explorer... SO I won't even try...

ReputationRep:
    i might try as i consider myself to be well..average at best =/ so i think it'd be amusing

ReputationRep:
    how sad...

ReputationRep:
    No :P I wanna hear someone being rejected first or getting in then I'll expose myself
    I'll throw myself in if you like (and it doesn't take too much time) but I'm bound to be rejected. I look nothing like the guys on that website.

ReputationRep:
    i mean average as in NOT good looking....

ReputationRep:
    Actually browsing the website, there are quite a few reasonably unattractive people on there.

ReputationRep:
    You're right you'll probably get a lot of people who think theyre attractive but aren't trying to join; but the voting system should counter most of that. Just a question of the whole discrimination thingy, but that belongs in debate & discussion.

As per the arrogance, at risk of generalising, it'll be a site where arrogant meets arrogant - I don't see the problem there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Actually browsing the website, there are quite a few reasonably unattractive people on there.
    hahah just as well..think i just signed up... :confused: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    /me sings up posting a picture of that fat singing kid off Albino Blacksheep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdm708)
    /me sings up posting a picture of that fat singing kid off Albino Blacksheep
    why are you using IRC commands you geek?

ReputationRep:
    just signing up.......hehehehe

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.